SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wanting-to build a 357/40 on this latest P320 FCU ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanting-to build a 357/40 on this latest P320 FCU ... Login/Join 
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted
Got plenty of 9s but since I sold my P229 357/40, I'm wanting-to build a full sized SIG 357 (will worry about a 40 barrel later) and was wondering what y'all might suggest.

Pretty-sure I'm going-with an Icarus grip module, optics ready. Not too concerned with mag releases or take-down levers, I'll choose those wisely but ...

Barrel and slide.

I like the AXG slide a lot, with the cutouts ... something along those lines.

May look for a threaded barrel when I buy the 40, but not for the SIG 357.

So slide and barrel, anyone have any recommendations because I am all ears before I start ordering these parts.

Oh, and guide rod and springs for this 357 if anything comes to mind.

Much appreciated in advance friends.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any experience with Norsso slides?

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not start with a P226 instead of a 320?

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
There doesn't seem to be any custom full size .40/.357 slides out there to even buy. I would probably get a white factory slide and then look at companies offering slide milling services to get that kind of look.

https://www.sigsauer.com/slide...ight-sights-wht.html

You could also try to get an XTEN 10mm slide, which is longer for a 5" bull barrel, and is already cut for an optic sight.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/...n%20slide%20assembly

Posts: 3365 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the P320 series, the 9mm and .357/.40 use the same slides. Only in the .45 pistol are there differences.

-c1steve

Posts: 4038 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
In the P320 series, the 9mm and .357/.40 use the same slides. Only in the .45 pistol are there differences.

No. 9mm and .40/.357 slides have different pages and part numbers on SIGs website. You may be able to get them to work but the breach faces would be different on the different caliber slides. Of course you also wouldn't have a warranty if you used the wrong slide with the opposite caliber if something went wrong.

Posts: 3365 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the bore in the muzzle end of the slide is different as well.

However, the Grip Modules ARE the same for 9mm & .357/.40, while that of the .45 is different though.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8759 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
[QUOTE]

No. 9mm and .40/.357 slides have different pages and part numbers on SIGs website. You may be able to get them to work but the breach faces would be different on the different caliber slides. Of course you also wouldn't have a warranty if you used the wrong slide with the opposite caliber if something went wrong.

Very interesting, thanks for letting me know.

-c1steve

Posts: 4038 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I have a Norsso 357/40 slide. I really like it. It's well made and reliable. Just remember that it doesn't come with sights or the slide parts.

The only issue I have is that it won't fit into my Safariland holsters because the slide geometry is different from the stock SIG slide.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, yeah, I went with a Faxon grip module and a Norsso slide. Still waiting on springs, threaded barrel and gas pedal. The barrel and springs have become a real pain in my ass.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I thought Faxon only made P320 barrels. They don't seem to list grip modules on their website that I can see. Also Norsso only lists compact slides for 357/40. Did you change your plans for your build?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not to pile on, but for information not only is the breech face of a 357/40 P320 slide significantly different from a 9mm slide’s, but 357/40 barrels are slightly larger in diameter and will not fit properly in a 9mm slide. (I just checked. Wink )

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:

Grandpa gun.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30524 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:

Grandpa gun.

HA!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw a 10mm version of the 320 in the Net somewhere. A 10mm slide would work perfect for the 40 and 357 Sig, they all use the same case head. It would actually be a rather sweet combination, all you would have to do to change calibers is swap out the barrel and recoil spring.

Did a bit of Googling and it's the P320 X10. Looks to be a rather interesting pistol. Do have to wonder if it has the same lousy trigger as the P365.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scooter123,

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5599 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post