SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x short range report w/ pictures
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x short range report w/ pictures Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Ran another 131 rounds down range today. All 147 grain HST and Sig V-crown 124 grain. No issues at all. Spent time dialing it in at 10 yards and 15 yards.

Groups with the HST were good, but the V-crown was much tighter. I think I’m going to carry the Sig 124 grain. I really couldn’t tell a different in recoil between the two like I can between 124/147 HST. Just wish they sold this in 50 round boxes somewhere I could get it with no tax or cheaper than my local Academy Sports. 13.99 isn’t too bad I guess, and they always have it stock.

I’m satisfied with it as a carry piece. Leather should be here soon and I’ll put it in the rotation.

I can’t get over how light it is and how well it fits me. 11 rounds plus a reload doesn’t leave me feeling undergunned one bit. Need a dozen or so extra mags and I’ll be set. I was planning on putting a Kineti-Tech trigger shoe in it, but I’m going to hold off for now. Not a fan of the grooved trigger, but it doesn’t seem to affect me as bad as I thought it would.

I’m now a super fan of the yellow front HD night sight. I’ve got one on my Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS and now this 43x. That big yellow blade almost feels like cheating.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I got my 43x on 1/19. I've got about 450 rounds through it, with all types of ammo, Fed 115gr, 124gr HST, Hornady 115gr FTX and it's been perfect.

It's right there with my G19 for my use. I'm carrying it in a muddy river IWB.

This was the first 50 rounds @ 21', all controlled pairs after the first mag.
Quickly has become by favorite pistol. Seems like it was made just for me, perfect size.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
I got my 43x on 1/19. I've got about 450 rounds through it, with all types of ammo, Fed 115gr, 124gr HST, Hornady 115gr FTX and it's been perfect.

It's right there with my G19 for my use. I'm carrying it in a muddy river IWB.

This was the first 50 rounds @ 21', all controlled pairs after the first mag.
Quickly has become by favorite pistol. Seems like it was made just for me, perfect.

I concur. There are a couple minor things I wish were different, but it’s down right what I’ve been wanting in a carry piece for awhile.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
February 11th, my custom rig came in from TT Gunleather. Very very comfortable. I've been carrying it everyday since. I'm really liking the way this 43x carries. Super light and almost no print at all.

Was able to put more rounds downrange last weekend, which brings me to 492 rounds total. Feels completely broken in and still zero issues.

'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I’ve got close to 1,000 rounds through my 43x and not a single hiccup. It shoots fantastic and about the only complaint, if you can call it that, were the trigger grooves but that was quickly remedied with a Dremel.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does a 43x have finger grooves?

My wife has a Iphone X max or super or whatever. I got two for one basically (almost) for her and the daughter. Big SOB, I wouldn't want one. That being said, it takes amazing pictures. Like better than many cameras we have owned over the years.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
I’ve got close to 1,000 rounds through my 43x and not a single hiccup. It shoots fantastic and about the only complaint, if you can call it that, were the trigger grooves but that was quickly remedied with a Dremel.

Same here. I have a Kineti-Tech smooth curved trigger w/ bar that will be here tomorrow. Hoping this helps.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Does a 43x have finger grooves?

My wife has a Iphone X max or super or whatever. I got two for one basically (almost) for her and the daughter. Big SOB, I wouldn't want one. That being said, it takes amazing pictures. Like better than many cameras we have owned over the years.

No sir.

It sure does. I've since switched to a Note 9, which takes much better low light pictures, but it takes some editing to get the quality of the iPhone XS or XS Max point and shoot.