SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rescued a new one today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rescued a new one today. Login/Join 
posted
Smith 686-2. She pairs well with the 625 I picked up last week.

$600 from a buddy

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun. I always preferred the wood grips S&W used over the newer rubber ones.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Stunning. Congrats. Worth every penny.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Beautiful wheelgun. The high water mark of the old police days

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure like my 686, goes to the range with me most times

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I bought a 686 on a whim in the late 90s, gun store had a sale on S&Ws, but I eventually sold it.

Missed it and replaced it with a 66 4", which I like well enough.

Everyone needs a Stainless 4" revolver.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What are you gonna do with that old thing ? Big Grin. I wish I had kept a log on how many thousands of rounds I've DAd through my L frame guns. The blue model was my first ever owned side arm. Had quite a number of 5 and 686 guns. Very nice 4" you have.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, my favorite revolver and the four inch version is prefect. Congrats!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!!!! You got a great deal on a beautiful gun. That gun would sell for $800 at a minimum here.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS to Yourself

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats, and enjoy it. Looks like it’s in great shape. That’s on my short list of “guns I should own.”

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking

I have 2 - 686's (the trigger jobs were done by others)

And I would like to get a third one to tune up on my own to see if I could do a decent trigger job myself

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man very jealous, both of this one and the 625 you picked up. I know they would be far more than 600 in these parts

Congrats and enjoy!

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful piece! I have a family friend who owns both a 686 & a 625 - both of which I've been cleaning for him for free as a favor for years.
I'm hoping that he is kind enough to sell me them when he decides to stop shooting revolvers, which we have jokingly (or in my case longingly) discussed many times.
I don't think its gonna happen for years as both are just so damn perfect to look at and shoot

Enjoy! That is what I picture when I think of the perfect wheel gun. Really good looking condition too!

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That's definitely a buddy deal. Nice looking gun.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post