SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EAA Girsan MC9 w/optic a new to me Turk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EAA Girsan MC9 w/optic a new to me Turk Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
I was very well covered with striker pistols a la my G19 Gen 5 w/Holosun and a Walther PPQ M2 (have 365 as well but don't place that in same category as the above).

Surely did not need another but....a marketing email for a striker w/red dot for $300. Why not.

Listed here EAA GIRSAN MC9

Overall I'm impressed. Gun is well made, no tooling marks, good fit and finish. Great ergos and the trigger is very good. The Walther has the best trigger (the Girsan is similar to the Walther in that there is some take up and you hit the wall but Girsan is heavier.) The GLOCK w/an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger gets second place but the Girsan is close.

The red dot has co witnessed sights in that the rear sights are integrated into the base of the red dot and aligns with the front sight which is standard height.

Red dot is always on and brightens and dims given light intensity. Came with a sight hood to help battery life. Most reviews placed battery life at 2 years.

Big drawback is only one mag and extras are not cheap.

Not enough time to get to range but will update soon.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4363 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Is it a Glock clone that takes Glock mags, or is it its own separate beastie?

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Separate, does not take GLOCK mags unfortunately, Some online reviews mention mags from other mfg that work with it (mostly other Turkish guns).

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4363 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post