Tools

PSA Dagger Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdshank:
How's the angle of the grip compared to the Glock 19?
cheaper

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
For those who like aftermarket Glock parts, the Dagger costs less than a Polymer 80 kit and bare slide.

For those who want to use a pistol as-is, the Dagger's value begins to suffer a little when you consider that it only comes w/ one Magpul GL9 mag.

That, and it's no longer half the price of the Glock. Current market seems to have upped the price last time I saw one available from PSA. As I understand it, it was to be a half priced Glock w/ a better grip (but worse trigger).

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If there is a better made mass produced handgun than the Glock 19, then it costs more than the Glock, not less.

And I’m not sure a better “jack of all trades” gun exists at any price point.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity because it won’t go away, I opened this thread for the first time (IIRC) to see what it was about. It’s always interesting to see how a tiny market share product that hardly anyone seems to like gets so much attention. Or is this pistol in every gun store and being snapped up by people at every opportunity all over the country? What’s the attraction? Because of the price and it’s a sort-of Glock clone?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47408 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's cheap, it works and it's produced by a company whose corporate philosophy is to put so many legally-owned guns out among the American population that eliminating private gun ownership becomes less and less realistic over time.

It's the same thing with PSA's AR15s. There may well be better ones out there (in fact, I think there are several), but the idea is to "spread the love".

Which kind of raises a point I find interesting - for all the stuff people say (and are often justified in saying) about PSA's AR15s, people out there are snapping them up. There's some advantage in the Dagger's being a sort-of Glock clone, but the advantage is that it uses widely available parts, magazines and ammunition. I don't think the Dagger was ever actually meant to be a competitor with Glock so much as a design that piggybacks on Glock's popularity. For the intended purpose I don't think that's a bad thing.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post