SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is “your gun”?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is “your gun”? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Not entirely sure. I’ve been carrying a P228 for several years. Carry it every day and used to shoot it quite a bit, but haven’t shot it very often for the last few years. From time to time, I will go shoot it and I’m always a little surprised at how well that goes.

What has been getting the vast majority of my range time (and 9mm ammunition) is a P226R. It is also on my permit and there’s a part of me that thinks I ought to break in the IWB holster for it and start carrying it. However, about the time I think that I go shoot the P228 and think maybe I don’t need to bother.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Nothing shoots better than my P7 PSP.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
My Gen 2 Glock 19 that In bought new in the early 90s and is the one I would keep if I could have only one. Close behind is my HK P30L.

Posts: 9729 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot the stikers better, but I keep going back to my 9mm 229.

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
P320C with subcompact grip module, stock.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4609 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
P320 Compact with Sig flat trigger and X-Compact grip module.

Same for me, except I have a customized standard grip module in Large.

-c1steve

Posts: 4039 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
West German Triple SN P226

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
The steyr M series of guns.

Posts: 8143 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig p239 for me with Hogue G10 checkered grips

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Not 100% certain, cuz it's early, yet, but it's kinda lookin' like my Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced. I can shoot that thing like nobody's business & enjoy the hell outta doing so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Sig P228

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
My P220ST pistols will always hold a special place in my safe.

But I Carry Glocks. Right now it’s a G41 in a TT Holster IWB.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been shooting since I was 12 and am now in my 60s.
My first real gun was a Combat Commander. Still own three. So for me its the 1911.
When I pick up a 1911, I connect to its history and knowing one went with my old man across Europe in WWII.
It was good enough for him, so it is good enough for me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15988 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 g5 thus far

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to answer this one. For nearly a year now my go-to carry gun has been a Beretta PX4 Compact. Has the same size/weight qualities of the Glock 19 that make it a good choice for general concealed carry, but with the hammer-fired DA/SA action I prefer. It's reliable and I can shoot it reasonably well, though I know I still haven't reached my potential with it.

However, I probably shoot my mid-90s Beretta 92FS best. I've put thousands of rounds through it and it's never malfunctioned on me, whether I was shooting premium JHP or bargain-basement, crappy commercial reloads. It's the gun I've used in more training classes than any other gun I've had. I've probably shot this gun more consistently well than any of my other guns, including 1911s that I've also put a few thousand rounds through. I've also had moments of exceptional performance, albeit not anything I could reproduce on demand.

The 92 was also my first handgun.

I think one of the main reasons I went with the PX4 Compact is because the controls are virtually identical to the 92's that I'm so used to.

I'd be lying if I said I've never considered carrying the 92FS. I keep hemming and hawing about getting some decent carry gear for it and start carrying it (it does fill the HD role for me). The PX4 Compact is just more "carry-able."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
P239 in 357

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK P2000 9mm or .40

Why I chose my gun.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540011134#2540011134

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post