SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is “your gun”?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is “your gun”? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sigh. Glock 23 gen 3. Don't know why. Trying to change that but I'll be damned if I don't shoot as well with it as most of my 9mm guns.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Gen 3 Glock 19

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 Glock 17

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think, if we are honest, most of us are still sort of looking for it.

As we age, everything changes - what we like and what is available.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P 9mm 2.0. Just a freaking laser beam of a gun for me.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Modernized 1911. Don't really care what flavor or manufacturer.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
P226. Doesnt matter if its my Legion, Combat, Tacops or straight old plain 226. First pistol I ever bought was a 226 over 30 years ago and loved em ever since.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5298 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 of any flavor. I haven't met a bad one. If I was only shooting for accuracy it would be between the HK P7 and Steyr M9a1. The 226 is just barely behind for me.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
G17

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, G19.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
G17

Ehhh they’ll never catch on. Smile

On a more serious note. One of the reasons I like this forum is it’s never been a my gun is better pissing match. It is full of shooters with different opinions on different guns with enough practical knowledge to know their one true sword may not be everybody’s.

It’s a SIG forum full of Glock guys who are not Glocktards, HK folks who are not HK “Delta Bravos”, SIG guys who realize SIG has had its ups and downs etc. if etc. etc. it’s just a sight full of real gun nerds if you will and I appreciate that.

I am a member of a car forum that I have stuck with for the same reason. Porsche guys hang with Miata folks and talk Muscle cars etc. real car guys not magazine racers or brand pissing matches.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like my Glock 36, absolutely love my Gen 2 G19, but still pick up my G 43 every day, stick it in my IWB and off I go.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
HK USP Expert 9

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Mine is time after time the Glock 19, Gen 4

Yep.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
226 SAO

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Over the past 40 years I feel like I've pretty much given "all of them" a try. Spent a lot of money and had a lot of fun. And I've had quite a few different answers to questions such as this on SF in the 11 years I've been around. Most of those previous "your guns" are either gone now or live in the safe. All that being said, the 228 I bought in 1989 is truly "my gun". Accurate, trouble-free and ergonomic....at least for me. Only regret is that I should have bought more of them back then. I just didn't know any better!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Everybody has that one just all of that is Derek go to, or best shooting pistol. What is yours?

Not me. I shoot them all badly.

I keep going to these steel matches, and no matter what, place middle of the pack each time. Hard core average. No pistol is going to make me better. I'm certainly not going to make the pistol better...so just keep plodding along, and it doesn't seem to matter what I shoot. I'm equally poor with just about anything.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always a revolver shooter. From .22-.44.

1984 I got sworn in and, all the cool kids on the Department carried .45’s. I got a .45. Shot IPSC. Shot a lot of .45 rounds. 1989 I had Wilson build me a Master Grade 130 on a Series 70. Carried it for a very long time until we were issued Glocks.

Retired. Started a new Police job. The Wilson is back in my holster.

I can shoot anything well. But, if you’re being held hostage, you want me to have that gun in my hand.

Nothing fits me like a 1911.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
P226

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Kimber Ultra CDP II. After that I'd grab the G36.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post