SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is “your gun”?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is “your gun”? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Everybody has that one just all of that is Derek go to, or best shooting pistol. What is yours?

Mine is time after time the Glock 19, Gen 4

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 Compact with Sig flat trigger and X-Compact grip module.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
SIG P226

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen3 g19

Gen4 g20

Ruger redhawk 44mag 4.2”

That’s 3 but all have different roles and are the go to for their particular role.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
S&W 4513TSW - The original version, no rail and 6+1. My all time favorite carry gun. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RMR'd P229.

Posts: 341 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
It used to be the Glock 19 gen 4, but after I take a class next week, it will likely be the Glock 45.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
SIG Sauer P226 in 9mm.

Posts: 1955 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 in .45

Had a Colt Lightweight Commander I liked a ton, the shop owner of the range I frequented commented on it, then offered me his personal favorite P220 to try, the rest is history.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 1990's Colt Combat Elite that I carried on and off duty for many years. It was the the pistol that I used in the local competitions and all of the firearms schools that I attended. It was my favorite pistol. It ended up getting pretty worn and scarred up and I traded it for a Kimber Warrior. I always regretted getting rid of that one, especially since I don't mind salty looking guns. They have character.

A month ago at a gun show in Berea, I found a table of a guy I have bought/sold/traded Colts with for a few years and on his table was a NIB 1990's Era Colt Combat Elite. I traded him a nearly new Glock gen 5 19 and 17 and $100 and went home with that old new Colt. All of my friends think I got hosed.

I feel bad for the other guy

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno why you’re dragging Derek into this but “my gun” is probably my ‘94 .40 P229. It was my first pistol and EDC forever. But it has been replaced as EDC by the P320. Still, I gotta admit to have a bit of emotional attachment to the P229.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Of the ones I own, my P320C.
Really clicked with a friend's P220ST & my dad's P239-40

In short, Sigs work well for me & the G-guns a lot less, with the HK & SW in the middle.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
p220

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
For years my handgun of choice was a S & W Model 19 w/4" barrel. Along about 1986(?) I came into a P220 in .45.
I still have and shoot both. I am completely confident in either as a carry weapon.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 for me as well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P30 9mm

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really digging my new to be Beretta 92FS Centurion and am going to attempt the Langdon Trigger in a bag tonight...but every time I pick up my Browning HP it just resonates with me.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
P320 Compact with Sig flat trigger and X-Compact grip module.

I have almost the exact setup with the only difference being the standard upgraded Sig trigger and Trijicon HD sights. I love it, but I still shoot the G19 better.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've tried different platforms but always revert to a 1911, 3" or 4", 9mm or .45acp. They just work best for me.

Summer months in AZ don't always allow for that preference so a P365 is being pressed into service.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 Gen 4

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post