SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Threaded barrel in a P365XL comp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Threaded barrel in a P365XL comp Login/Join 
Picture of lt.speirs
posted
Hi guys,

I tried to do some research over internet but couldn't find my answer.

I just bought a P365XL Spectre Comp and I was wondering if it's possible to swap the barrel with a longer and threaded one to be able to mount a suppressor on it ?

If anybody could provide some inputs...

Thanks

Posts: 901 | Location: Europe | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You are going to have to find someone who custom makes a threaded aftermarket barrel that extends beyond the integral compensator. I'm not sure anyone is making that currently. The longest factory P365 barrel is the XL, at 3.7 inches, and it will only reach the end of the slide and extends no further.

Q

Posts: 26420 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lt.speirs
posted Hide Post
Well, True Precision is making a threaded barrel for the P365XL at 4.35" length which extends from the slide. My question is if therr is any difference with the comp integrated in the slide of my model or if it will works with it as well.

Posts: 901 | Location: Europe | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
What the OP is proposing will make the comp worthless. If the barrel extends past the comp, the comp no longer works.

Also and extended barrel might not work with the comp slide as when the slide recoils and barrel tilts, the extended length might bind against the comp.

Honestly you'd be better off replacing the comp upper with a standard XL upper. An integral comp and extended threaded barrel don't really go together.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Honestly you'd be better off replacing the comp upper with a standard XL upper. An integral comp and extended threaded barrel don't really go together.

My feelings as well. You spent a lot of $$ for the spectre comp model and doing what you're suggestion negates any benefits of the comp. You could sell the comp slide (it would sell quickly if offered at a reasonable price) and either get a regular spectre, non comp slide or a plain XL slide for use with the extended threaded barrel and suppressor. Or keep both so you can go without the extended barrel when not using the suppressor with the shorter barrel to have the benefits of the comp.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the OP isn't thinking this one through. Decide what is the important feature and then build from there. Do you want a threaded barrel for extra barrel length and screw on a comp? Or do you want the threaded barrel for a suppressor? Decide the use and then go from there. As stated above a barrel length that extends past the comp makes the comp useless.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post