SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    15 round dovetail back P226 9MM magazine ID?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15 round dovetail back P226 9MM magazine ID? Login/Join 
posted
Two nearly identical dovetail back P226 magazines.

Neither appear to be marked on the spine. One is marked Sig Sauer P226 on the left side, the other is totally unmarked. Would the unmarked magazine be earlier than the marked magazine, a reproduction or one that was made on a Monday or a Friday and just missed getting marked?

Thanks

Posts: 930 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Marked what? Are you talking about the SIG triskelion? Some have it, and some don't. They are both German factory mags, as long as you see the dovetail pattern on the back.

Q

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Pics would help...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Marked what? Are you talking about the SIG triskelion? Some have it, and some don't. They are both German factory mags, as long as you see the dovetail pattern on the back.

Yes, I was referring to not being marked with the triskelion. They both are definitely dovetail magazines, I just couldn't remember having seen one that wasn't marked P226 before (not that I have seen tons of P226 magazines).

Thanks

Posts: 930 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the factory magazines also had the bottom of the floor plate stamped P226 on it.

Posts: 270 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post