SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    West German P228's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West German P228's Login/Join 
posted
Have these firearms fallen out of favor? Or has the price being paid for them fallen ... just curious ... I bought a really nice P228 here ... some time ago ... ran a couple boxes thru it and have made it a safe queen ... from what I am seeing ... the value may have gone down ... just wanted to hear about what folks here think about the P228 these days ... John

Posts: 193 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: September 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
they haven't fallen out of favor with me. I know they are still sought after by at least one or two others on here as well.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They just aren't getting the crazy high prices now.

I gave $600 for KA still in the box last year.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34122 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, prices last year were stupid. They have fallen back to reality.

But they are great pistols.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought this firearm 5 years ago ... didn't know there was a ... peak ... then ... anyway ... it is a wonderful firearm ... and well worth keeping ... forever ... John

Posts: 193 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: September 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If it was after Sandy Hook, then yes. That's when the panic started. It stopped on Nov 9th, 2016.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
They haven't fallen out of favor with me. I know they are still sought after by at least one or two others on here as well.

Yeah, but I thought he had bought all of them by now. Big Grin

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh oh ... how did we get into politics ... smiles ... I accept that the prices go up and down ... just trying to find out where they are now ... John

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, prices last year were stupid. They have fallen back to reality...

This year's only half a month old. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26413 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
There is a triple serial in the gray cardboard box (228) on GB now that will probably bring over 1000 dollars. Don't think the price has gone down.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ive been looking at that one and have a bid in. I’m hoping to get it but it’s got a few days left and it’ll go up I’m sure. I’m not paying $1500 for a 228 no matter how perfect it is. I wish I could find a nice used one priced reasonably to go with my non-West German 228.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Just think it is a sign of times, firearms prices are just down right now.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't think you know what ellipses are actually used for. Big Grin

As with a lot of pistols, once they were discontinued, the prices went up. Add to it panic after panic, and people talking them up left and right. Fact is, they're not unusual pistols. A LOT of them were made. Sure, W. Germans are harder to find, but I don't think that makes them that special. The demand rush may have helped there too. People used to covet the W. German ones, but then just wanted any P228. Now they've somewhat realized there really isn't anything spectacularly different.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
12131 owns most of them so the market value is up to him Big Grin kind of like De Beers diamonds.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a West German 228. Last time I checked it was still a great gun. Gun Values fluctuate based on market tastes. It seems like 3rd GEN S&Ws and Beretta 92s are the interest on the used market. But, a gun magazine article or similar could drive demand up on the P228s again. 12131 winning the Lotto would also drive 228 prices up.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
12131 owns most of them so the market value is up to him Big Grin kind of like De Beers diamonds.

Hopefully, not like the Hunt brothers. Smile

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
out of favor..!?!?!..BEST Sig ever IMHO Cool

Posts: 179 | Registered: September 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
About 5 yrs ago, I paid $600 for my Western German 228 - very good condition and counted myself fortunate; came with just a gray plastic Sig case & one mag!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Haha! He does have an envious collection.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
12131 dumped 1/10th of his collection on the market so prices have dramatically fallen Razz

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post