SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Updating early 2000 P226R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updating early 2000 P226R Login/Join 
Picture of cperc
posted
Hey Guys,

Looking to bring my early 2000 P226R in .40 up to the latest and greatest. I’m thinking the Gray Guns ELS and SRT trigger parts. Any other parts I should look to upgrade, hammer strut, etc? Are there any 9mm conversion barrels you would trust for home defense? With all the advancements in bullet technology and easier for my wife to shoot I would like to change it over to 9mm if it can be done. Thanks for your time guys!

-Chris

Posts: 216 | Location: Clovis, CA | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 9mm xchange from Sig about 2 years ago for $325 shipped came with a complete slide and magazine for my old .40 caliber works Great

Posts: 123 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The ELS is a great upgrade.
While you're at it get the GGI strut assy. I have one coming next week along with my 365 trigger.
The Armory Craft hammer will round it out nicely too.

For caliber conversions I go with a whole slide assy. It's a bit more than just a barrel but I like to do it that way.
226RX 9mm slides were floating around GB a bit ago for a decent price if you want to go the red dot route.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't have it, I would suggest an E2 style long hammer strut and short mainspring seat. I swapped out the parts in mine and was amazed at how much of a difference it made in the trigger pull without changing mainsprings.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I just installed the GGI strut kit in my 229 Select.
It had one of the newer E2 struts with the super blue finish and had a bit of a crunchy DA pull.
With just the GGI ELS and an AC hammer it's very smooth now. Nothing has been polished on this gun other than the parts as they were received.
The DA is at a consistent 6 lbs 10 oz and the SA is a crisp 3.5 lbs.
About the same as my other 229 and 226 with the GGI EDC/SOT kits and AC hammers.
The other 229 has the SA Superstrut in it, the 226 just has a polished strut and will be getting the GGI strut kit next.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am about to try this. I think i found an nib factory barrel cheap. Going to stop at topgun and pick up a 9mm recoil spring.

I've done this with my 2022. Only change required was the barrel and it runs like a top in 9mm. Even using .40 mags it has been 100%

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post