SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320SC upgrade received
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320SC upgrade received Login/Join 
posted
I just signed for the Sig P320 sub compact, back from Sig for the "upgrade." While there, I'd asked them to put on a flat trigger, x-ray sights, check the extractor and spring to ensure it's the current one, and replace the older takedown lever and slide release with the current version.

The fire control unit apparently went to an RX pistol at one point, but resides in my subcompact. When I initially phoned in for the upgrade, I was told this is unacceptable, and must be returned with the original slide installed (don't own it, never saw it). I was told my pistol would be treated "with suspicion." I was assured the sights and other work would be done, and they took my credit card information. When I sent the pistol, I sent a letter with it outlining the work to be done, and also included the credit card information.

I called to follow up, make sure they were doing x-ray sights and not the sig lights (which I remove and throw away, in favor of better sights). I was told they hadn't billed for the flat trigger, and Sig took my credit card information again. I was told the pistol was done and ready to ship, and they couldn't guarantee the trigger would be installed, but that they'd put it in the box and I could install it myself. Whatever.

A third call to enquire about sending several additional extractors, springs, etc, resulted in Sig taking my card again, but this time I was told my pistol had just arrived that morning (it arrived days prior, according to the tracking slip), and it hadn't been started yet, and I was told no problem, it will all get done and the extra extractors will ship in the box.

Fast forward to today. The pistol arrived. Not impressed with the "upgrade" trigger. Floppy, gritty, weak return, a clicking noise before I get to the takeup. Feels like crap.

Wrong sights on the pistol. After three calls and a letter, they put the sig lights on anyway. My card got charged, though. They did manage to put on the correct takedown lever and slide release.

No flat trigger. No extractors or additional parts. Four times My credit card was given. Four times this information was provided, three times verified. A call today, and I'm told that yes, my pistol is still suspicious because it's not an RX slide, but that I can send it back to have the work done again.

On the brighter side, I did drop the pistol in one of the x-compact grip frames that I ordered, and I love it. Perfect.

--the more I play with the trigger, the less floppy it seems...maybe a burr or something causing some friction to work out. They said they test fired it and it fired fine. I may take it to the range and shoot it as before sending back. Just pisses me off that even with the followups and letter included with the pistol, these screwups occur. It shouldn't have to go back again.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeez...I wonder if we're related. With me, the only time something gets really screwed up is when I do everything right. Roll Eyes

I was getting ready to send my P320C 9mm and FS .40 out for the upgrade. I'm now concerned the Heinie black/black sights I installed will disappear. Due to eye problems, I can't use night sights of any kind effectively. Don't need "upgraded" P320's with sights I can't use.

What a mess. Sounds like that old joke: Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, in my case, at least, I'd requested the Sig X-ray sights, and was very specific. They put on the Sig-lite night sights, which are fine for a generic sight, but not what I wanted, and they're too reflective and there's too much showing on the rear sights.

I did get my old parts back in a small baggy. I don't think they'd touch the sights unless you asked them to, so whatever you put on should come back the same way. They do say to remove any aftermarket triggers, etc, before sending the pistol in.

Having spent a bit of time dry firing the pistol now, I think the trigger has improved, and isn't as floppy. There must have been a bit of burr and something rough that needed to be polished off, because it's better now.

The P320 trigger, I like. I also like the post upgrade trigger, which is why the condition of this one surprised me when I removed it from the box.I really like the flat trigger, too...just wish this one had come back with one...

I did get a coupon worth 25% off my next order from Sig, something they send out with each "upgrade."

I received it today. It expired 12-31-2018.

Thanks, Sig.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

posted Hide Post
I had some ammunition left after a steel match this evening, so ran one of the stages with the 320SC. The trigger was fine and appears to be behaving normally. The pistol is still going back to Sig to take care of the sights and the straight trigger.

posted Hide Post
Suggestion. Why not buy a Grayguns flat trigger? I have 2 and they feel better than the stock. Easy to install as well. Why not just buy xrays and install them yourself? Save yourself the annoyance of dealing with Sig cs.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I sent my P320 back for the voluntary upgrade, I called and asked if they could install the low profile takedown lever and updated slide lock lever while it was there, at my expense. I was told no, but that after receiving my pistol back after the upgrade, I could pay to ship it back to them and they would install the parts. LOL

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Suggestion. Why not buy a Grayguns flat trigger? I have 2 and they feel better than the stock. Easy to install as well. Why not just buy xrays and install them yourself? Save yourself the annoyance of dealing with Sig cs.

I have grayguns parts, including their flat trigger, and can compare the P320 with the apex, grayguns, and sig triggers side by side. The grayguns and sig are nearly identical, feel the same. I like the apex a bit more.

The point is that the pistol was sent to Sig for the "upgrade," and they took my credit card information and charged me for the work; they just didn't do the work, and in the case of the sights, installed the wrong sights.

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told no, but that after receiving my pistol back after the upgrade, I could pay to ship it back to them and they would install the parts.

I was under the impression the upgrade line was specifically to upgrade the pistol only. No other work to be done. They had to run a lot of pistols through the program, and I would assume it's more of a bulk assembly line doing the work step-by-step.

Any other additional work requests would slow the process down.

I understand where you're coming from. As long as you're sending it in, might as well ask for some additional work to be done. Logistically, it makes things a bit difficult. I think they had a support line with a team dedicated to doing the upgrades only and not any additional work.

I'm surprised the OP got the "OK" from SIG to do the extra work during the upgrade.

quote:
The grayguns and sig are nearly identical, feel the same.

The Grayguns P320 Straight Trigger should reduce the pull weight by about 2 pounds from factory. Mine is just a bit over 5 pounds and it's smoother. YMMV of course.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The grayguns trigger provides that impression because it's straight and the finger is supposed to press along the bottom of the trigger, increasing distance from the pivot point (more leverage). It doesn't change the weight at all, but give the impression of changing weight, because the fulcrum is longer.

The factory straight trigger and the grayguns straight trigger feel the same to me, though the factory trigger is about thirty dollars less.

One won't go wrong with either the factory, grayguns, or the apex offering.

I'm no grandmaster shooter, and I'm quite certain there is plenty of nuance and subtlety to one or the other that would be patently obvious to a high level shooter. I have a bunch of P320's in full size, compact, and subcompact, in different grip frames (including grayguns sculpted frame, which I like), and all three triggers. I just shot several of them today, plus the factory curved trigger. I'm finding more and more that I really like the flat triggers. I don't see any difference in pull, feel, takeup, break, or overtravel between the grayguns trigger and the factory trigger, however; it may be my phillistine uneducated trigger finger, or just opinion. Take it for what it's worth.