SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Extended thumb safety.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Extended thumb safety. Login/Join 
posted
I like the little Sig P365. Weight. Capacity. Reliability. Accuracy. it’s a great little carry gun.

I’m also a huge fan of Off switches on guns. I carried a 1911 for many years. Shot IPSC.

So I picked up a P365 with a manual safety.

As a 1911 shooter, I’ve always shot thumb high, on the safety. Gave me a lot of extra control. The P365 safety worked properly, down to shoot etc, but, once I flipped the safety off, my thumb just kinda hung out there. The safety is far too small to rest one’s thumb on.

I think I fixed that.

https://imgbb.com/ypsWBJj

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sgt 127,

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Good job, looks great.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures, nice job thanks for sharing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I like the 365 safety. I don't carry with it engaged, but engage it when holstering, (appendix and I've got some important body parts down there) and if I take the gun out of the holster for some reason other than shooting a bad guy. I've been shooting and handling hand guns for 40 some years, so none of this is new to me. If it's there and you chose not to use it fine. It's not likely to accidently engage or disengage with out purposelessly making the effort. I don't see the angst

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to fit a safety on my standard 365?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I like the little Sig P365. Weight. Capacity. Reliability. Accuracy. it’s a great little carry gun.

I’m also a huge fan of Off switches on guns. I carried a 1911 for many years. Shot IPSC.

So I picked up a P365 with a manual safety.

As a 1911 shooter, I’ve always shot thumb high, on the safety. Gave me a lot of extra control. The P365 safety worked properly, down to shoot etc, but, once I flipped the safety off, my thumb just kinda hung out there. The safety is far too small to rest one’s thumb on.

I think I fixed that.

https://imgbb.com/ypsWBJj

Been wanting to fund one of those.
Great job!

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I think you just the safety and a cutout grip module.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Yes. You will need a new grip module, with the safety cutouts. And a safety parts kit. SIG has been out of stock for a while. There are a couple of online venders that have the parts for around $50.

Adding the safety is fairly easy, there are videos that show how.

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
… I don't see the angst

Nor do I.

posted Hide Post
My 365s are sans manual safeties, but as a former 1911 carrier I really dig the execution you pulled off. There's a market for that.

OT, but I recently picked up a Ruger LW commander that is practically screaming to take over primary carry duties. I'll need t retrain, but its tempting.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
As a method of engaging or disengaging the safety, and as a thumbrest, this would work very well. But the idea of the P365 is to have very thin gun with relatively high capacity. This mod works against this by adding significant width to the gun. It's only in one particular spot, so it can be worked around. But still this is BIG.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shootabilty increase is dramatic. Also, flipping the safety back on. It added 3.3 mm. I can live with that.

posted Hide Post
This looks amazing. It’s unfortunate that SIG does not make the safety larger.

The job you did appears excellent and I can only wish that this be a factory option.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post