SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MKII Target Model
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MKII Target Model Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I pulled it apart to lube it today and shoot some rounds. Photo is the first ten down the pipe of SK STD Plus from the 7 yard line. Not to bad considering the 5 pound trigger and shooting upsupported. I fogot how much fun they are to shoot. Busted up some clay pigeons as well. Very pleased with it. Obviously I got it back together and didn't have to resort to youtube to do it.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2750 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Just a little love for the 22/45 version of the MKII. there's not a lot that needs to be done to it. One of my favorites.

Posts: 3506 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ that’s one of the first version of the 22/45.
I have one of the newer ones with the removable grips

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I have a MkII with a bull barrel, but that target barrel is more elegant.

I have both. I agree with you, and feel that the tapered barrel balances better as is more fun to shoot as well, though ALL Mk IIs are great shooters imho. I belive MK IIs are the best generation of that gun. Reassembly is just part of the fun with these great guns.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try finding mark II 22/45 magazines….no one has any. I almost bought a 22/45 mk II stainless with one magazine, but first checked out who is selling extra mags…couldn’t find any, nada, not even on EBay.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian87:
Try finding mark II 22/45 magazines….no one has any. I almost bought a 22/45 mk II stainless with one magazine, but first checked out who is selling extra mags…couldn’t find any, nada, not even on EBay.

Wirthwein Guns offers a Ruger manufactured magazine base block to adapt standard 90231 mags to Mark 2 22/45 configuration.

https://store.wirthweinguns.co...bse-2245-mk2-mk3.htm

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
MKIII 22/45 will work in MKII.

Posts: 3506 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love these, the only thing I dislike is putting putting these back together.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve collected the Ruger MK pistols for a while and used to have about 15 of them. I sold off several but have kept my favorite variations. At one point I three examples of the KMK-678. It’s actually not an overly common variant so I’d hang on to it. I sold all three of mine and regret not keeping one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: photoman12001,

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
I love these, the only thing I dislike is putting putting these back together.

After reassembling a MkIII for the first time at work so time ago, that pain was the one thing that put me off from buying a Ruger Mk. That experience convinced me that I was quite content with my Buck Mark, thankyouverymuch. It wasn't until the MkIVs came along that I finally ran out of excuses and ultimately bought a Ruger, a 22/45 Lite. It's been a nice shooter along with its stablemate, the Wrangler.

-MG

Posts: 1974 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Photoman, That's a nice collection of Rugers. I'd love to find another like it blue. Thanks for posting the pic.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Put the Volquartsen Accurizing kit in today. Had to resort to the youtube video but all went well. Trigger pull went from 5 lbs. to 2 lbs. 3 ounces on my Lyman digital guage. Shot a box of Norma Tac 22 through to test. No issues at all.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a modification for a MK 2 magazine release? The magazine does not drop freely and gets hung up on the heel release. Brownells has an extended mag release and Numrich has a Volquartsen in stock. Blowing thru 22 LR using the McFadden Ultimate Cliploader. It really works well. I'm spoiled by the MK 4 mag release after safety delete.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have the 22/45 version. More accurate than I can be. Feeds & fires anything. (even crappy Remington where the bullet is loose in the case). Paid $235 NIB in '98. I could never part with it. Started many a new shooter out using it.
After taking it apart a few times, it's not difficult to reassemble.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
92fstech--TandemKross has their 22/45 lower on sale for $100 off. New lower creates an entire new pistol. Cyber Monday deal that has me thinking.
Kracken is TandemKross's race gun for the Ruger MK 4.....

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
92fstech--TandemKross has their 22/45 lower on sale for $100 off. New lower creates an entire new pistol. Cyber Monday deal that has me thinking.
Kracken is TandemKross's race gun for the Ruger MK 4.....

Do you have a link? I'm seeing it, but it's not showing discounted...looks like the standard list price of $599.

I did get my "blast pack" in this weekend and installed it in my MkIV. It took the trigger from 3lb 15oz to 3lb 1oz, and eliminated all the grit and stacking. It's still not as good as my MkII that measures right around 2lb, but it's a significant improvement over factory, and gets rid of the stupid magazine safety.

My son and I put about 250 rounds through it last night and it ran pretty well...a couple of stovepipes and it short stroked/failed to strip a round off the mag a couple of times. It was always the second round of a fully-loaded mag, so I imagine it has something to do with the pressure that the mag spring is exerting against the bottom of the bolt when it cycles. Should be pretty easy to address.

Zero light strikes, which is awesome as that was my biggest concern with the lighter hammer. Overall I feel like the kit was a good value, but the trigger on my factory MkII makes it clear that there's still some room for improvement. Kinda leaves me wanting to try the Volquartsen Kit and compare the two...maybe I do need that extra lower lol.

Posts: 8531 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
The Kracken is $499 today. Free shipping --$100 is taken off once you add the Kraken to your cart.
Link to TandemKross website..https://www.tandemkross.com/
The website refreshes with different ads==main page has Cyber Monday only lettering--> Save $100 on #TANDEMIZED Kracken.
Order placed==92fstech, had to make a gun out of that extra Ruger upper.
TODAY ONLY!
Instantly SAVE $100 on a fully assembled #TANDEMIZED Kraken just by placing it in your cart!