SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Extending P365/MS grip length for 10 rounds only?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extending P365/MS grip length for 10 rounds only? Login/Join 
posted
Hello all,

I want to increase the grip length for my P365 with a manual safety. I have to keep the magazine capacity to 10 rounds to conform to Massachusetts law.

Are there presently any options? I considered the P365XL/MS grip module with new and longer 10rd magazines, but I haven't found those components available yet. I have also wondered about a 12rd-like magazine extension for existing 10rd magazine that does not increase the capacity, but again I haven't found it.

Thank you,
Ian

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming

Posts: 547 | Location: MA | Registered: March 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Douglas:
Hello all,

I want to increase the grip length for my P365 with a manual safety. I have to keep the magazine capacity to 10 rounds to conform to Massachusetts law.

Are there presently any options? I considered the P365XL/MS grip module with new and longer 10rd magazines, but I haven't found those components available yet. I have also wondered about a 12rd-like magazine extension for existing 10rd magazine that does not increase the capacity, but again I haven't found it.

Thank you,
Ian

Hey, Ian, another suffering MA resident here, and fellow P365MS owner. There are a few companies that make pinky extensions for the regular 10rd magazine. Here are a couple shown mounted on my gun:

This one is made by NDZ:

This one is made by Pearce Grips:

And Shapeways makes this larger one (which I haven't tried yet):

I can provide links for all of these if you can't easily find them yourself:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was just going to suggest the Pearce. I got one that came with a used P365 package I picked up locally. Can't say that I like it as I don't want the extra length. My favorite are the GeePlates but they don't add much/if any length.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Shapeways one is what I'm looking for. The heal of the standard grip/magazine combination digs into my palm a little bit. I like the looks of the more rounded base of this extension.

Thank you!
Ian

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming

Posts: 547 | Location: MA | Registered: March 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Shapeways one is what I'm looking for. The heal of the standard grip/magazine combination digs into my palm a little bit. I like the looks of the more rounded base of this extension.

Thank you!
Ian

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like NDZ and they have a huge selection of type and color.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
What about something like this with a 12rd mag:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-S...d:g:C04AAOSwuxZelKfp

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
It looks like Osage County Guns has the 10 round XL mags in stock, if you wanted to go that route.
https://osagecountyguns.com/fi...l-10rd-magazine.html

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tpmcman
posted Hide Post
Would you be able to measure, and share, the length of the grip from the finger guard to the end of each base?
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:
quote:
Hello all,

Thank you,
Ian

Hey, Ian, another suffering MA resident here, and fellow P365MS owner. There are a few companies that make pinky extensions for the regular 10rd magazine. Here are a couple shown mounted on my gun:

This one is made by NDZ:

This one is made by Pearce Grips:

And Shapeways makes this larger one (which I haven't tried yet):

I can provide links for all of these if you can't easily find them yourself:

Frank

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.
― Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
These "Short" extended magazine pads from NDZ Performance really work well for me:
https://www.ndzperformance.com...ced-grip-s/18529.htm

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tpmcman:
Would you be able to measure, and share, the length of the grip from the finger guard to the end of each base?[QUOTE]

Sorry, I just now saw your question from the other day. I haven't had much of a chance to hang out on the forum lately. I will try and take those measurements in the next couple of days.

Frank