SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Good News Everybody.......I Can Still Put The Bullets In The Right Direction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good News Everybody.......I Can Still Put The Bullets In The Right Direction Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Between the global unpleasantness as well as my own difficulty sans any other issues getting to the range these days, I don't get out to shoot the powder nearly as much as I would like.

I did however get to the range today and didn't bring one piece of tactical tupperware. Big Grin Two Beretta's and a CZ what can I say I am a troglodyte. Big Grin

Just a couple observations from today.

1-I have said it before and I will say it again. Heed the advice about dry fire. It pays huge dividends especially when you cannot put live rounds down range.

2-I shot some orange boxed Tennessee Ammunition or something or another. I guess these day you get to experiment. It was really clean burning and functioned fine. Just a heads up.

3-I love CZ's but man you put a Beretta 92 next to just about any other gun and that 92 slide that feels like its on ball bearings lubricated with the holy snot of fallen gods will make ANY other pistol feel like the rails are rusty and dry. They all shot well but man its always a pleasure to run a Beretta 92.

4-Apparently I can still shoot so happiness. Big Grin

So there you have it sports fans a simple pleasure in a complex world. Just thought I would share.

Also be honest how many of you read the title in Professor Farnsworth's voice. Big Grin

Take care, Shoot safe,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I got some new (to me) Sigs today and after tear down and inspection, I'll have to see if I can do the same.

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Always nice to have a good day on the range Big Grin! And I agree...the action on the Beretta is an engineering marvel of smoothness! I really should shoot mine more.

I spent all afternoon today zeroing and qualifying my guys on our new Sig M400s. The guns were great, and everybody left with the same number of holes in them that they came with, so I'm happy. I've been having some vision issues lately due to some medical stuff, but was still able to put up some pretty respectable groups and qualified perfect, so that was icing on the cake!

Posts: 8675 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I got to go for the second time yesterday in a year and a half. I spent some time zeroing in my Delta Point Pro on my new Walther PDP. It runs very well as I had expected. It was good to get out! I too had been doing a lot of dry fire, in particular with my Mantis Laser Academy, and it does help a lot.

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous... was going to say I'm not sure when I'll get back to my gun club... but then I realized I'm headed to a gathering in N.C. on Saturday that is hosted by a member of another forum.. "R" have been going for a number of years and really have enjoyed the competition course the hose sets up.. not sure I'll do it this year... bad knee.

May have to take my Beretta 92c with me just to figure out what you were describing.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I managed to sneak out to the range yesterday as well to try out the new XL slide on my P365 (and I love it!).

Stopped for some Texas BBQ on the way home; life is good... Cool

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
on ball bearings lubricated with the holy snot of fallen gods

Chris

That's pretty slick.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's pretty slick.

Almost as slick as seal shit or so I’ve heard. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an awesome day. I can still shoot, just not see the darn front sight. Big Grin

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post