Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P01 Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
Found a great deal on one. Love the sa/da guns. Getting away from striker fired guns. Anyone like the P01’s?

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have one that is my carry gun in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I need a second one.

I’ve added Henning grips, a Cajun Gun Works floating trigger pin and reduced power trigger return spring, 15lb hammer and 14lb recoil springs, SS guide rod and switched the lanyard loop for a solid plug.

Big fan of CZ.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P-01 is great, if you intend to ever attach a light to it. Me, I don't, so the PCR is a much better gun. No reasons for me to have that big bulky railed dust cover.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Just picked up one,loving it..

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I have become a big fan of the CZ 75 platform to the point that I shoot them more often than my Sig P-classics.

The P-01 is just fine as-is, but if you install a CGW Pro or Standard Package, it will kick it up to Sig Legion levels (some would argue better than Legion) at significantly less than Legion prices.

If you want to mod a P-01 w/ CGW/CZC/MCarbo parts, you will get better results from a non-Omega version than an Omega model.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The P-01 is great, if you intend to ever attach a light to it. Me, I don't, so the PCR is a much better gun. No reasons for me to have that big bulky railed dust cover.

That is why I got it. I have the CZ compact but it a little heavy. I would or will probably pick up a PCR but I have put a TLR1 HL on the P01

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have examples of both the Omega trigger and standard trigger P-01. I like them quite a lot. I have nothing of value if you are intending them for concealed carry. Purely range toys for me. Mine are both stock, though I have been thinking of adding some CZCustoms parts. I am at least replacing my sights with a fibre front and black rear.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I shoot my lowly bone stock P01 better than any of my high dollar target guns. Go figure. (and that's with my CGW trigger kit still in the bag)

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
While the stock grips feel GREAT if you decide to carry you will probably want something like a G10 set or wood. If you go thin grips you lose that nice palm swell but it makes an already svelte gun even smaller feeling.

Whatever you do it’s a great handgun.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love mine; it’s my primary EDC for the last year or so. I have the P-01 Omega and it’s a shooter. I put a set of VZ grips on it, and a strip of Talon grip material on the front strap. For nightstand duty I put an Olight Mini Valkyrie on it. Great gun; enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the all steel model P01 and my wife has the aluminum decocker P01. Both have Dawson sights and the CGW Pro-Kit installed. The aluminum P01 is more accurate and has a better trigger then my 30 year plus S&W model 15. It is one of the best pistols I ever shot in over 55 years of shooting. I started shooting when I was 15.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our son has a PO1 Omega. Nice handgun.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have been keeping a eye out for one locally but haven't run across one yet to handle. I just retired my long time carry gun my FNP9 in favor of my PO7. That FNP did not have the best fit and finish but it shot every single time and I could shoot well with it but it was just getting a little long in the tooth.

I shoot just as well with the CZ now and it has proven to be completely reliable. Pretty hard to find any knocks on most CZ products.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P07 but it still can’t hold a candle to a P01. Everything about the P01 just works for me.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I bought one in 2017. It's a good shooter, and has not had a stoppage of any kind.

(Actual photo used to make the meme. Stupidly, I covered the four holes in the head with the top text.)

Unfortunately, because of the sharply curved trigger, my finger was bleeding and had a flap of skin hanging at the end of the range session. I sent it to CGW and had a different trigger installed, a reduced power return spring, and some cleanup on the DA trigger (it was only $25 more). It is much better now. Later I had them install night sights.

Shared with the PCR, the DA trigger is short and smooth, but the SA trigger has a good deal of "creep," actually moving the hammer back a little bit before it actually trips. This bothers me not at all, and I rather like the very positive hammer/sear engagement, so I didn't want to mess with it. You have to buy a different hammer to take this "creep" out.

Honestly, I liked the PCR I had better (I did nothing to it except night sights and wood grips), and would recommend this if you don't need a rail.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True. I ditched that crazy curved trigger as well. Never ripped open my finger but it just wasn’t quite right.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
There is also an "Omega" variant, like this:

I don't know if that lever is a decocker or a safety.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
CZ makes very nice pistols.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post