Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P01 Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
Found a great deal on one. Love the sa/da guns. Getting away from striker fired guns. Anyone like the P01’s?

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3279 | Location: Canton Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have one that is my carry gun in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I need a second one.

I’ve added Henning grips, a Cajun Gun Works floating trigger pin and reduced power trigger return spring, 15lb hammer and 14lb recoil springs, SS guide rod and switched the lanyard loop for a solid plug.

Big fan of CZ.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Looking for an Alaskan Malamute? Look here: http://www.moonsongmals.org
Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !

Posts: 7838 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P-01 is great, if you intend to ever attach a light to it. Me, I don't, so the PCR is a much better gun. No reasons for me to have that big bulky railed dust cover.

Q

Posts: 21693 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Just picked up one,loving it..

Posts: 2056 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have become a big fan of the CZ 75 platform to the point that I shoot them more often than my Sig P-classics.

The P-01 is just fine as-is, but if you install a CGW Pro or Standard Package, it will kick it up to Sig Legion levels (some would argue better than Legion) at significantly less than Legion prices.

If you want to mod a P-01 w/ CGW/CZC/MCarbo parts, you will get better results from a non-Omega version than an Omega model.

Posts: 2300 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The P-01 is great, if you intend to ever attach a light to it. Me, I don't, so the PCR is a much better gun. No reasons for me to have that big bulky railed dust cover.

That is why I got it. I have the CZ compact but it a little heavy. I would or will probably pick up a PCR but I have put a TLR1 HL on the P01

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3279 | Location: Canton Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have examples of both the Omega trigger and standard trigger P-01. I like them quite a lot. I have nothing of value if you are intending them for concealed carry. Purely range toys for me. Mine are both stock, though I have been thinking of adding some CZCustoms parts. I am at least replacing my sights with a fibre front and black rear.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2430 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I shoot my lowly bone stock P01 better than any of my high dollar target guns. Go figure. (and that's with my CGW trigger kit still in the bag)

Posts: 2470 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
While the stock grips feel GREAT if you decide to carry you will probably want something like a G10 set or wood. If you go thin grips you lose that nice palm swell but it makes an already svelte gun even smaller feeling.

Whatever you do it’s a great handgun.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 6337 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post