SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P2000 - A Range Report 14 Years In The Making. Second Chances At First Love
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P2000 - A Range Report 14 Years In The Making. Second Chances At First Love Login/Join 
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I carried a P2000 .40 as a duty weapon. I still kick myself because it was one of the firearms I thought I'd never have gotten rid of. I traded it in for an Hk VP9, which I also loved, so all was not lost. Even so, it was probably my most favorite out of the 9 duty weapons I carried in my career.

I still have a serpa duty holster which I need to get rid of since I will never use again.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mine is an sk in .40/.357sig that I rescued. It was abused and duracoated some awful camo tan when I found it on consignment. It was cheap. Was years ago but IIRC out the door was just over $300. I ceracoated it back to black, added an x-grip to each extended mag, installed night sights, extended mag release, added a .357sig barrel and did you notice the charging supports from a VP9? Yeah, makes it way easier to cycle for arthritic/damaged hands. It's a great gun. I love the LEM firing system.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
How did you install the charging handles from the VP9?

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Bought two supports from hkparts. Filed them flat on the backs. Epoxied them in place with Gorilla epoxy. Piece of cake..

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
How are you carrying and what holster for your P2000/P30?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7947 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
My only polymer frame handgun. HK P2000sk in 9mm. (V3 DA/SA)
I carry it regularly in a Mitch Rosen inside the waistband "Clipper" holster.
https://mitchrosen.com/order-o...57/category=10984035
The spare magazine is carried in a Mitch Rosen "off side" magazine pouch.
https://mitchrosen.com/order-o...59/category=10984035
The HK P2000sk is reliable, accurate and fairly light weight.
It's a bit "blocky" but does exactly what it was designed to do.
For me at least, it shoots like a significantly larger pistol.
When I bought mine, I couldn't find the model with 3 magazines and night sights anywhere.
I sent the slide to HK USA and they installed night sights and provided an 3rd magazine for a small fee.
I had no trouble at all with HK USA Customer Service, they must love me.
When this election madness is over, I may acquire a duplicate.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1548 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I carried a P2000 .40 as a duty weapon. I still kick myself because it was one of the firearms I thought I'd never have gotten rid of. I traded it in for an Hk VP9, which I also loved, so all was not lost. Even so, it was probably my most favorite out of the 9 duty weapons I carried in my career.

I still have a serpa duty holster which I need to get rid of since I will never use again.

I’d say, that was a downgrade. Just saying.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post