SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    It's that time of year again! Sigforum, pick my vacation gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's that time of year again! Sigforum, pick my vacation gun. Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Literally went through the same question earlier today. I only take one though, and the G43 was my choice.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be taking TWO guns and either 200 or 400 rounds of ammunition on my vacation to Lake George New York. As for the Guns both are black but one dies have a nickle plated receiver. Specifically they are a Beretta 686 and Browning Citori.

BTW, those thinking of warning me about taking firearms into New York should consider some googles before posting.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of pocket carry and use a Ruger lcp 2 in a pocket holster, and even jump in the pool with it in my pocket, just clean it within a day or two after submersion.

Posts: 3302 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The one most easily replaced.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As for me, the AR would stay home.

I would carry the P228 & P238 with loaded mags & spares, plus an extra box of hollowpoints. Whatever you do, do NOT detour through MD.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I voted your 226 and 224. I travel with a 229 and a 224. When doing the RV I also take an AR and a lever.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a full size Sig 1911 45acp nightmare in a MacDaniel II - Andrews Custom Leather with no problem easily concealed in this holster even in a t-shirt and I carry at the 3 O'clock position

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It’s your job to pick your vacation gun.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9017 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do this every time as well. I usually take a Takedown 10/22 with me as well.

For pistols - EDC of P365. Either a 686 or G20 as a hiking sidearm.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For me it'd be my Walther PPS M2 w/spare mag and Ruger LCP. Unless it's an into the woods trip. Then it'd be the Walther and something bigger. Probably my Remington 1911 R1.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I voted for the P239 because that is my current carry gun and I really like it. After reading what you normally carry I might would change my vote to the P226.... I'm not a Glock Fan and am not familiar with the others you mentioned and so that is the reason for my choices.

As for the Rifle... I think the most likely reason to carry it is to make a statement to yourself.... A number of years ago I was hanging out with a good friend at my families pond house and he had driven in from out of state.. I noticed a fairly large container in his vehicle that had a big sign on it that said "Highway Emergency Kit" and so I asked to see what kind of items he had in it... he opened it up and there inside was an AK-47 and about 4 30 round magazines..... I was impress... few weeks later I received a package it was a case just like his.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
BTW, those thinking of warning me about taking firearms into New York should consider some googles before posting.

Please elaborate, I don't need to Google.

If you're LEO, you could have said that. If there's some other idea, you better keep Google'n.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a nice Bersa Thunder.380. Just the ticket for vacationers. Withdraw the magazine and the gun is safe. Also has a built in key lock so the maid won’t accidentally shoot someone.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
P320, because it's 2019.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10947 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I laways have an AR pistol......that one time you think you wont need it.

If the beach is on the menu, 19/43

Posts: 7913 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:

Please elaborate, I don't need to Google.

If you're LEO, you could have said that. If there's some other idea, you better keep Google'n.

It sounds like he is talking long guns which are no problem as long as they are not so called “assault weapons “

Posts: 3302 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post