SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Unique P228 At LGS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unique P228 At LGS Login/Join 
posted
I was at my LGS and saw this P228 with a unique muzzle. Curious I looked at it, then from there, we field stripped the P228 to see if there was any modifications on the inside of the slide. Upon the field strip, I noticed these electric contact points on the slide and frame. My LGS did not want to take the grips off but they appeared to be normal Hogue grips. There was no pressure pad that I could find on the grips as well. The frame did have a rail screwed in on both flat sides near the muzzle. Anyone have an idea what this might be?

Posts: 198 | Location: NH | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the super large pictures, not sure how to scale them on imgur yet.

Posts: 198 | Location: NH | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rek13:
Sorry for the super large pictures, not sure how to scale them on imgur yet.

When you grab the image tags via the host site, there must be a option to change the resolution or photo size.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UTIC Armament P228 Nightstalker.

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all this was a cool find for me. Didn't know this existed. Awesome late 80s/90s tech!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a monstrosity that no one wants.

Q

Posts: 27607 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
HAHAHA think that gun gets found and posted every few years ^^^ yeah no one wants it.

Posts: 18143 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Early tactical gear is quite collectible.

Posts: 10045 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, a monstrosity that no one wants.

Like TJ's Dark Blackwater Hello Kitty flaming pink pistol back in the olde days of 2000 and eight.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's worst than the Sig Smart Gun...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
HAHAHA think that gun gets found and posted every few years ^^^ yeah no one wants it.

Maybe 5-6 yrs ago, a new member popped in and posted a thread about one of these asking for more info and approximate value. Turned out he had it actively posted for sale on Armslist. I called him out on it, and then he deleted his post on SF.

Posts: 3272 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn’t this go for big money as an oddity/stepping stone kind of thing. Not as a practical modern weapon? It’s interesting, forward thinking and fairly rare.

I mean Jesus how much do those damn insight HK Mark 23 LAM’s go for these days. Eek

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just because something is rare or interesting doesn't automatically mean people want it. Especially at the ridiculous asking price.

Q

Posts: 27607 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
SUPER easy way to size Imgur photos:

Put a size letter after the URL. "l" for "large" is generally best for forum pictures.

For example:

[XXX]https://i.imgur.com/jRCdg2Ul.jpg[/XXX]

The XXX will be "IMG" and the red "l" is the insertion. No matter the original size, it will resize the posted image.

Like this: (please change or delete your OP images because DAMN!)

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed the gun store would put a gun that dirty out for sale without cleaning it.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Good Lord that is a lot of pistol and more....
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Yep

isn't this what Harrison Ford used in the movie Bad Runner?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Far from it...

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Bla...er#LAPD_2019_Blaster

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering Blade Runner came out in 1981, and the Sig Sauer P228 wasn't introduced until '88/'89, I don't think so.

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1044 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I rewatched the movie again last year and had not realized that it was supposed to take place 3 years before.

I watched it on my 25th birthday, got off work and went to the early afternoon matinee and sat through it twice.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post