SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Smith M&P 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Smith M&P 10mm Login/Join 
posted
I have wanted another 10mm and decided to give the new Smith a try. The gun fits my hand much better than either of the GLOCK 40 MOS guns that I have owned in the past and by all reports, is a softer shooter as well. If everything works out shooting wise, it will be my new woods gun on pig hunts.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
It’s on my short list for a woods gun.
Please post a range report when you get a chance to put it through its paces.

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on this gun as you put it through the paces. I've been considering getting into the 10mm, but had been holding out for a P320. I'm starting to think that isn't going to happen, and the M&P, at least on paper, seems the best of the options from the other three.

Posts: 8613 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at these as well. The S&W site states "optics ready slide". Anyone know what optics actually fit without some kind of adapter plate?
Chris

Posts: 19 | Location: Central NC | Registered: January 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
The factory mil/ cut is for the use of S&W adapters only, unfortunately. They do give you a good batch of mounting options (Polymer) depending on what optics you're going to use.

I went further and got the C&H precision adapter for my HE508T-GR X2, which is made of steel instead of the factory polymer adapters.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd look forward to a range report! Parts and mags for my old 1006 are getting expensive.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am looking forward to a range report.

I'm currious if this gun is actually a step up from the Glock 10mm offerings.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
How is the new trigger?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4201 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Trigger is better than M&P 1.0 & 2.0 hinge triggers but not as good as Shield Plus trigger.

A lot of ppl have complained about grit/friction on the take-up/pre-travel. The sample I dry-fired exhibited that quality. It didn't bother me much, but I can see why it bothers others.

The wall & break are good. The reset is longer than it should be. I don't understand why S&W can't replicate the Shield Plus trigger in other M&Ps.

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
The factory mil/ cut is for the use of S&W adapters only, unfortunately. They do give you a good batch of mounting options (Polymer) depending on what optics you're going to use.

Wait...what? You have to use their adapters for ANY optic, there's not one footprint that fits directly to the slide? And the provided plates that the optic mounts to are plastic?!? That sounds less than ideal...

Posts: 8613 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post