SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Langdon tactical HK P30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Langdon tactical HK P30 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone tried one in the Len trigger? Is it worth the extra money?

Posts: 421 | Location: Richmond Va. | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure, no. I have a couple HK’s including the ones LTT sells. The Grayguns parts they put in are very good. I have installed them myself in nearly every HK I own both LEM and DA/SA.

I can’t even begin to see what additional “smithing” they do to warrant the price they charge for services on an HK LEM. Once you drop in the flat trigger and short reset kit the only other 5hing you can do is lower the mainspring but on a LEM that isn’t as dramatic as doing it on a DA/SA.

I am an LTT fan but unless you are going with their optics cut, save your money and do it yourself. HK is very easy to install these parts. I suspect their “trigger job” is merely installing these GG’s parts. The6 aren’t smithing the surfaces would be my bet. If anyone knows differently then please let us know. Unless you can’t install some very basics parts yourself the just do it yourself and pocket the savings.

I have put these parts in multiple HK platforms, P30, P2000, and USPc. The results in LEM are just short of phenomenal. LTT isn’t doing a “trigger job” per se (my opinion don’t know that for a fact but I would bet I’m right)

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much

Posts: 421 | Location: Richmond Va. | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ll let you know in a couples weeks although mine will be DA/SA

That said, everything I have read is that unless you are going for the optics cut then likely not worth the premium.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they could figure out an optics cut that left the rear dovetail sight intact I would get one. I abhor optics plates with built in rear sights. Hate hate hate.

An OR HK that wasn’t a VP9 would be awesome.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I hear ya but that ship has sailed I’m afraid. I am trying the flat trigger you’ve raved about though.

My P30 is far from the best gun ever!! and my finger does rub the trough a bit but damn if I don’t just shoot them well. I know it’s a familiarity thing as I’ve run my P2K’s and 30 more than most and I am just comfortable with them and the manual of arms just suits me and always calls me back. So I am going to give a 30L with a dot a go.

I had my P30 and G17.4 out the other night and I shoot the 17.4 great but I seem to run that crappy triggered P30 better and like I said the manual of arms always brings me back.

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Ive dremeled the inside bottom of the trigger guard on all my HKs, does give some relief on your trigger finger.

Posts: 2308 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have raved about it. Lol. In my defense, specifically I said it was a match made in heaven for LEM guns which I know you hate. I did put one in my DA/SA USPc along with the SRS and a lighter mainspring. It’s pretty amazing the difference in shootability.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’d like to slick up my p2000 and p30 da/sa triggers but I hear it’s kind of a pain. Not really sure what parts I need either. I assume a mainspring and trs. I used to have a local smith that handled it for me.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7958 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if the gray gun trigger will help with the finger rub in the stupid trough seems like it might - let me know when you get yours.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok cursory observations.

-I was surprised at how quickly I received it. I was literally surprised to see tracking info come in the other day.

-Fit and finish seem excellent

-You will still rub your trigger finger a bit with the flat trigger

-Break is nicer with the flat trigger.

-Reset is better but while I ride resets for follow ups I’ve never gotten too worked up over them one way or the other. Reset isn’t suddenly AMAZING but it’s better.

-Re-Finish is a bit shinier/slicker than stock.

-RDO cut appears well done.

-Backup sights are perfectly serviceable.

-Mags came with the orange followers. My first ones from HK.

-Gun feels slicker on the rails than stock. It just glides really nicely.

-P30L is smaller in person than I expected. Much like the P30 I think it could/would carry far better then it has a right too.

-LTT logo is fairly tasteful.

That’s really all I got right now. Won’t get to shoot for a few days. Dot coming in mail later this week.

posted Hide Post
That’s not enough raving about the flat trigger from you. Try again. Lol

I don’t even understand why they thought a trough was a good idea. I personally don’t rub into it but I see how it would be easy to do.

What # mainspring did you get?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Stock mainspring weight. I don’t feel like testing the others for function when I know the stock one will light any primers. Just don’t have the time and ammo to test enough right now and I want to give the gun its shakedown and testing without any additional variables.

After cleaning and oiling I can absolutely say the flat trigger is much “cleaner” in break and feel at least in dry fire.

What I can say is I am digging the 30L form factor. I had never handled an “L” variant and I guess in my head I had made it out bigger than what it is. It’s really a pretty tidy package. I guess I was thinking Glock 34 when in reality it’s a Glock 17 where as the P30 is a Glock 45.

Ultimately it will wear a Holosun 507C and a TLR-1 and assuming it all comes together will find it’s way bedside.

posted Hide Post
Does Langdon say anything about their P30L needing a break-in period with 124gr ammo?

When I was first considering a stock P30L years ago I do remember that was a thing. Then last year I finally bought a P30L V1 and sure enough, it's still a thing. I purposely used relatively soft shooting (aka 'wimpy') 115gr Blazer Brass on its initial range session and it wouldn't run without stoppages, but ran without further problems once I switched to 124gr Magtech and Speer Lawman. After about 150ish rounds (ten mags worth using a mix of 15rd and 17rd magazines) of the heavier stuff the sluggish Blazer Brass finally started to cycle reliably through the gun, and has continued to run without fault with various 115gr the next couple of times I've taken it to the range.

-MG

Posts: 2004 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about LTT specifically but ALL HK 9mm’s in my experience may need a hotter and or heavier period of ammo shot through them before running the light powder puff stuff. It’s not always necessary but it’s good to run a box or three of NATO spec’ish ammo through early on.

posted Hide Post
I have a P30L with the GG SRT installed. It really improved the trigger reset. I need to shoot this pistol more. It’s been out of rotation for a while. Not for any particular reason.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok a follow up for the OP.

First The Bad
-I received the gun and found the flat trigger was having issue in single action. Varying weights of pull and sometimes you really had to bear down on it.

To LTT's credit they responded to my emails within an hour or so each time and quickly decided it was likely and out of spec trigger and to return the gun. They sent me an RMA / Return Label and away it went. I had the gun back in like 3 days. The entire ordeal took no more than a week if that.

Now the Good
The gun is amazing. It runs so smooth and fast its pretty awesome actually. I have about 400 rounds through it at this point. 124 Grain NATO, Gold Dots, 124 Grain Magtech, 115 grain Magtech, some Ammo Inc. 115 grain and maybe some S&B I forget. Point is its been 100% reliable and smooth. Strong hand, weak hand etc. Couple high points.

-Trigger is very nice. It is a noticeable upgrade over stock. While my finger only slightly rubs the trigger trough with the stock trigger it doesn't rub at all with this gun/trigger.

-The finish is very smooth and slightly more gray then stock finish.

-Machining is excellent across the board both HK and LTT's stuff.

-I mounted a Holosun 507C with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. It mounted solid and tight and co-witnesses with the backup irons perfectly. I am very happy with the mounting and fit.

-I love the 507C with the ACSS reticle. There are folks who think its simply "training wheels" for a red dot and I would argue they are wrong. I can shoot dots, I don't have a problem finding them in the window, that said where the ACSS reticle really shines is shooting from compromised positions or weak hand or from the ground etc. Now while I don't have a problem running dots on a range once I go weak hand it gets harder and in dry fire from odd positions, on the ground it gets harder or odd shooting positions on the range it gets harder and the ACSS reticle is just an amazing, intuitive aid to get you on target fast in those odd positions. I very much like this optic. The Chevron is a nice aiming reticle as well. Precision is easy but the chevron as a whole is large enough to make for a very fast gross aiming point as well.

I am extremely happy with this gun and this optic combination.

As an aside one benefit I have found with any of the MRDS stuff is the fact that in an emergency I can see them, albeit in a big blobby green nebulous thing, without my glasses on and still make hits. I've worn glasses all my life and I have to say the current MRDS gives me a bit more confidence should I have to shoot sans glasses.

So all in all after a little stumble out of the gate, I have to say I LOVE this gun. It's fast, it's accurate, it's reliable, its smooth and as a package has really come together nicely. I have decided this will be my bedside companion moving the previous P2000 to another location and that's high praise as the P2K has lived bedside for basically a decade.

Now none of that is to say I don't still love the P2000 as I do very very much its just that this P30L and dot combo gives me more capability with the same manual of arms I am most comfortable with.

So as they say.... "No Regerts!!!" Big Grin

Take care, Shoot Safe,
Chris

posted Hide Post
I dry-fired an LTT LEM one in a LGS the other day. It felt lighter, and possibly smoother, than the 'light' LEM I had on my P30L. That said, I just can't deal with the odd feeling of a straight trigger on this iteration. In a standard action, where you intend to carry it Cond.-1, sure. Do I think it's worth nearly double what a standard LEM version costs? Nope....

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do I think it's worth nearly double what a standard LEM version costs?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! The only reason to pony up for the LTT version is for the optics cut. The trigger is just part of that.

If you don’t want an optics ready P30 just buy a stock one for 600 bucks or whatever. I’m very happy with my stock one that I bought in the way back time when they were closer to LTT money out of the box, still was happy with it.

Now all that said I am very happy with the P30L as it is setup and I don’t regret spending the money, but like I said I did it mainly for the optics cut.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review. Pushing me closer to picking one up. I would do the same set up as yours, but with the LEM trigger. Being left handed I think it would be more user friendly over having the decoder to deal with.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post