SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I'd kind of like to see it in the 227 frame. Double stack. Having just purchased a g20 that holds 17 rounds, as much as I love all things sig, I will have a hard time paying more and stepping down in capacity for the privilege of carrying a sig.

Now, a 10mm 227 that holds 15-17 rounds or more... . Then we are talking.

But I'm not paying $1000 for a 10-round single stack. Not happening.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G20 Gen 4...and it's no Sig 220, but it eats anything I feed it. Surely a Stainless, fully supported chamber will do the same.

Posts: 20 | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund, this is one of...one occasions I can recall when I find myself disagreeing with your opinion.

The primary market and design intent of these initial offerings of the new SIG P220-10 are primarily for handgun hunters and as field companions for riflemen, not as much for dedicated self-defense and duty.

While that won't stop me from fulfilling my vow to carry mine, the majority of the thousands of the already-pre-sold P220-10's aren't going to CCW's or coppers I believe.

I will predict as a wild guess and without presuming to speak for anyone officially that a follow-on version will be more specifically configured for self defense work, and will be very successfully marketed for same.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I'd kind of like to see it in the 227 frame. Double stack. Having just purchased a g20 that holds 17 rounds, as much as I love all things sig, I will have a hard time paying more and stepping down in capacity for the privilege of carrying a sig.

Now, a 10mm 227 that holds 15-17 rounds or more... . Then we are talking.

But I'm not paying $1000 for a 10-round single stack. Not happening.

Really? For the great majority of us, standard capacity doesn't begin to trump the reality that SIG is finally making the gun we all wanted but were told we would never see.

And making it RIGHT.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:
I never imagined that they would have ignored their classic DA/SA action on the initial release.

<snip>

But for them to so ignore their classic action is very disappointing. .

dwp10mm

He would ignore his sprinkles

Our friends at SIG Sauer could have just ignored the whole project. That they didn't, and have accomplished this feat of engineering for us, is to be rewarded with the high praise it deserves, and not diminished over disappointment because one's personal and peculiar cosmetic desires weren't immediately fulfilled by our friends at SIG Sauer who have multiple thousands of orders to fill.

I ask that we get real and be happy for what they have accomplished, and look forward to even more cool versions to come.

Like I said before, some of you act like the guy who wishes Carmen Diaz looked like Jennifer Lopez.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The pistols pictured above are configured to satisfy the virtually nonexistent users who would want their features for high-level competition and the somewhat larger group of shooters who would buy such boutique guns to make them the queens of the royal courts tucked away in their gun safes. They’re not for the people who want a reliable and more-powerful-than-most autoloading pistol intended for serious defensive purposes. Please don’t forget those of us who do.

Well said. The pistols pictured seemed to be configured in a manner counterintuitive to the majority market of 10mm buyers who seemed to want this pistol for carry purposes, not hunting. Unless I'm mistaken, I've never known Sig to be particularly concerned with hunting at all. Sig, offer the boutique versions if you feel they're necessary, but why sacrifice the originally promised, highly attractive and very functional carry version of the Stainless Elite w/ wooden grips and combat sights? It was a beauty. The skunk gun? Not nearly as eye catching and the sights seem counterproductive to EDC.

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I agree with sigfreund's post above.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't intend to offend anyone... I suspect I'm likely the newest member on here and don't know any others personally. I am likely a "small potatoes" Sig aficionado compared to the rest of you. I guess I don't understand the thought processes of a real collector because when I heard my favorite Sig, ( of my 226s, 238, 239, 938, 229 and 220) was going to be out as a 10mm I was very happy to see this. I didn't realize that to show my status as a Sig fan I was expected to gripe, whine and moan about everything the gun "wasn't" instead of smiling about it and being happy to see Sig make a new step into a heretofore unknown caliber for Sig. I don't really see pleasing me as the big event of the year and I'm tickled to be in the sidelines bragging about what Sig has done for us.
But, what do I know?

"When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave Them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: 'Stick to the Devil you know.' "

- Rudyard Kipling, The Gods of the Copybook Headings, 1919

Posts: 27 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^ Word.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They're AWSOME pistols and that's my opinion. They got that Sig Sauer P series appeal, high quality finishes, the correct extractors all seem to like, a butt kicking cartridge and they even added Sig Sauer logo G 10 grips which are a sweet feature. Owning one will cause me to reload for the 10mm round. Field or range use would have me shooting it a lot more.

Any carry gun for me would be less powerful cartridge due to being skinny.. Big Grin But I definately would not let it/them sit in a safe and collect dust. Did I mention they're AWSOME?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
quote:
I never imagined that they would have ignored their classic DA/SA action on the initial release.

<snip>

dwp10mm

Our friends at SIG Sauer could have just ignored the whole project. That they didn't, and have accomplished this feat of engineering for us, is to be rewarded with the high praise it deserves, and not diminished over disappointment because one's personal and peculiar cosmetic desires weren't immediately fulfilled by our friends at SIG Sauer who have multiple thousands of orders to fill.

I ask that we get real and be happy for what they have accomplished, and look forward to even more cool versions to come.

Like I said before, some of you act like the guy who wishes Carmen Diaz looked like Jennifer Lopez.

-Bruce

Maybe I should have used the word shocked instead of ignored. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen a SAO Sig in any gun stores. Not very often where I am and I always look in the Sig case. The most I see them are in the CDNN catalog which usually implies to me slow seller and closeout. If you go to the P220 page on their site they show 20 varieties of the P220 yet only 2 are listed as SAO. So let's just say I was shocked that 3 out of 4 reported first release versions could be that action type. Now that Para has started the new thread about what features would you like, that accomplishes what I set out in my comments. To provide a client feedback panel in case Sig was following this thread.

For some time in the mid/late 2000s after Erhardt left Sig and stopped posting here the general thoughts were Sig was no longer watching. That no longer appears to be the case. It's been a good year with how Sig has engaged us. So I had no intention to detract from that.

Posts: 616 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’ll reiterate my first post in this thread:

“[This development] really is nothing short of amazing. Thanks to SIG Sauer, and thanks, especially, to SIGforum—once again.”

I truly don’t want to come across as someone who is complaining about not having sprinkles on my cupcake, and if this project is to have the best chance of success, the experts at SIG on which models will sell the best should be free to make their decisions. We have a good separate thread going on what potential 10mm P220 buyers want on their pistols, so be sure to speak up. Hopefully many people will agree with my preferences. Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I'm with Mr. Gray and others on this. I never thought I'd ever see a factory SIG in 10MM, so I think the whole thing is pretty neat. I carried a single stack 7+1 capacity pistol 40+ hours a week for several years and never felt that I was inadequately armed. So, I guess I'm not one of the "it has to be high capacity" group. I actually prefer a single stack in 10MM. I do like the traditional DA/SA SIG pistols, and caried one of those 40+ hours a week too. If I am not mistaken, one of the SIG 10MMs is reported to be a DA/SA with 5" barrel and adjustable sights. If so, I'm VERY likely a buyer....ymmv

BTW, I've always believed that the 10MM is one pistol, whether SIG, Colt or whatever, that should have a beavertail due to recoil with some of the "real" 10MM ammo, and adjustable sights due to the wide range of 10MM factory and/or hand loaded ammo that might be used in he gun.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Lipseys exclusive.. looks to be the first shots of the P220 10MM as well

http://lipseys.com/announcemen...SIVESIGSAUERP22010mm

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The finish issue was annoying, but I'm truly disappointed that the DA/SA won't have fixed sights. That pretty much rules it out as a carry gun for me, and puts it in the realm of a curio.

Extremely sad.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Not Fenris, something tells me the DA/SA gun you desire will be made a regular item sinse it is Sigs mainstay as a fire control system. They will make it as you wish and these few pictures we are privvy to are probably just a sampling.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
quote:

<snip>

dwp10mm

-Bruce

Thank you Bruce as your input was needed sir. Please reread him folks and keep the faith. Its got to be a huge undertaking to develope 3 or 4 brand new guns in such a short span of time. I have never seen any gun manufacturer step up like this for their customers.

Many of you will be able to pick off the exact and first ones you find in the gun shops that you like. For some of us these will be a bit harder to obtain. Myself, I will be watching for the range reports and to learn more of the changes made to the P 220 to make her operate with the new round.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you go to the P220 page on their site they show 20 varieties of the P220 yet only 2 are listed as SAO.

Something tells me that's going to be changing because the only SAO P220s were on Alloy frames. Now that the 10mms are coming out, I'd expect quite a few more SAO .45s as well.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So we wait forever and this is all SIG has to show us? Really? WTF m8?

I personally would never buy one of these P220s in 10mm unless SIG starts making them in 9mm.

Exeter really missed the boat on this one. Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I didn't say I wouldn't buy it.

But I probably won't carry it daily, if it has adjustable sights, and probably will only buy one.

Now when it comes SSE, then it's "Game on baby."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post