SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What to do with this beater P220 project?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with this beater P220 project? Login/Join 
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
You could always Karma it here....... Big Grin

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely keeping this gun and will shoot the hell out of it.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good Duracoat project.

Endless possibilities

Duracoat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Speedbird,

Posts: 496 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I had never heard of that. Watching the YT videos now.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm back home now and kind of want to get going on cleaning this thing up today. I was watching a YT video on how to make Ed's Red at home. But I'm wondering if I need something that complicated (which it's not really). If I wanted to just detail strip the gun and let all the parts soak for a while in something, would acetone or mineral spirits do it alone? Or should I brew up some Ed's Red and really let the parts all soak for a while?

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That should go back to Sig for the Rainbow Titanium treatment, Big Grin be a one of a kind then...

Unless there is some specific reason it needs to look new, oil and steel wool, clean it up and shoot it.

Otherwise, a few posts back, in case you missed it...

quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Your timing is great we are getting ready to offer our annual Holiday Sale soon. We also will have shipping labels available

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I tried oil and 0000 steel wool a little on the slide. No joy. This needs a pro refinish. I'll be looking for the CCR announcement.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
Looks like a good Duracoat project.

Endless possibilities

Duracoat

I agree on the DURACOAT I have had many guns done and have always been happy with the results.

https://www.ahlmans.com/duracoat-services.html

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post