SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need help with Glock trigger replacement
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with Glock trigger replacement Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I attended Sig Academy pistol optics instructor this past week. Awesome two day class. Really learned a lot.

One of the biggest things I learned was how much better a Sig P320 trigger is than my G45. I’d like to find a trigger and bar to replace the one on my G45 and my 43/43x/48. I need a different trigger shoe as the OEM Glock one really irritated my trigger finger.

I don’t want to pay a crazy amount for replacement but anything to improve it a bit. There are so many brands and choices. I was hoping some of my friends here could help point me in the right direction.

I really don’t want to just change the trigger shoe as I find it a pain in the rear.

Thank you in advance!

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use PolyDat triggers in my Glocks. Priced right and for me do the same job as high $$$ triggers. Made by OverWatch Precision.
I also hate the Glock OEM trigger shoe.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16123 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I've been down that road.

The answer is to shoot and practice more.

There is nothing wrong with the Glock factory trigger once you learn to master it.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4204 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Do you have anywhere specific you buy these from?

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I use PolyDat triggers in my Glocks. Priced right and for me do the same job as high $$$ triggers. Made by OverWatch Precision.
I also hate the Glock OEM trigger shoe.

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
For years I have thought this but after last week and all the years I’ve been carrying and shooting Glocks, it has come to the point where I need a change.

quote:
Originally posted by KevH:

There is nothing wrong with the Glock factory trigger once you learn to master it.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was able to find the feel I wanted using a Salient trigger shoe and a Ghost connector.

Trying different spring weights also helps.

Let us know what you decide.

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy the PolyDat straight off the OverWatch Precision site.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16123 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
This should get you started

Brownells also sells Overwatch Precision but seems like finding a gen5 setup in stock may be a problem.
https://www.brownells.com/manu...bprecision/index.htm

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
A factory Glock Gen 3-4 trigger shoe from a G17/G22 will fit onto a G43Xs trigger because that's what I did to mine = Just added the smooth faced trigger
Tango Down sells a polymer trigger that is flatter faced & looks promising

Here's my G43X with Tango Down Magazine release & factory Gen 3 G24 trigger shoe

Here's the Vickers Tactical Tango Down Trigger Shoe & Fits all Glock® Models, for Gen 3-4 Only
Fits Glock® Models 43, 43X & 48

https://tangodown.com/vickers-...er-vtct-001-gen-3-4/

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Yooper and D-Steve.

Beretta92, I have changed my 43/43x/48 triggers to the smooth trigger shoes when I got the pistols. I cannot stand the serrated triggers.

I will probably end up going with the Poly Dat trigger and give it a try.

Thanks, everyone!

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
A factory Glock Gen 3-4 trigger shoe from a G17/G22 will fit onto a G43Xs trigger because that's what I did to mine = Just added the smooth faced trigger
Tango Down sells a polymer trigger that is flatter faced & looks promising

Here's my G43X with Tango Down Magazine release & factory Gen 3 G24 trigger shoe

Here's the Vickers Tactical Tango Down Trigger Shoe & Fits all Glock® Models, for Gen 3-4 Only
Fits Glock® Models 43, 43X & 48

https://tangodown.com/vickers-...er-vtct-001-gen-3-4/

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
For years I have thought this but after last week and all the years I’ve been carrying and shooting Glocks, it has come to the point where I need a change.

quote:
Originally posted by KevH:

I’ve been down this road too. There is nothing you can do that will make a Glock trigger close to a p320 trigger. If you need a change, then make a change and move to a new platform.

Posts: 2970 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Closest is with the flat trigger of your choice. I also use the OWP Polydat on my 43X. They others, I’ve simply swapped just the connectors. I’m ok with it.

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I once had a Polydat. I didn't like the feel of the flat face. It just felt too odd for me. I ended up settling on JohnnyGlocks shoes that he shaves off the safety tab flush with the face.

I know you don't want to swap out the shoes and just want to do a direct swap so I'd probably give the Overwatch Falx a try.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a fan f the Apex Glock triggers.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Hey Benner, where did you attend the class? I just took it this week as well, but it was all northern Indiana guys there, so I don't think we were in the same one. I was originally signed up for one in Ft. Wayne last week, but swapped it for the one this week because it was even closer to home. We may have just missed each other. I agree, great class!

If this was your first exposure to the P320, well, it may have ruined you on the Glock, lol! One of the guys in my class had a P320 with the AXG grip module. He let me play with it, and now I'm trying really hard to convince myself that I don't really need a $350 grip module to replace the existing polymer one that does the same thing on my $325 gun...

Posts: 8659 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
It was last Thursday and Friday here in Evansville. I wish we woulda been in the same one! That woulda been awesome!

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Hey Benner, where did you attend the class? I just took it this week as well, but it was all northern Indiana guys there, so I don't think we were in the same one. I was originally signed up for one in Ft. Wayne last week, but swapped it for the one this week because it was even closer to home. We may have just missed each other. I agree, great class!

If this was your first exposure to the P320, well, it may have ruined you on the Glock, lol! One of the guys in my class had a P320 with the AXG grip module. He let me play with it, and now I'm trying really hard to convince myself that I don't really need a $350 grip module to replace the existing polymer one that does the same thing on my $325 gun...

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Must have been the month for Sig to do classes in Indiana! I really enjoyed the class and got a lot out of it. I definitely need to keep working on my speed, but I got a bunch of good drills and training concepts to take back to the department. New guns should be in next week, so it's gonna be a busy month!

Posts: 8659 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Guys. I may end up switching the shoe. I haven’t decided yet on what I’m going to do. I know I cannot make it like a 320 trigger.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m definitely not as far or accurate as I used to be.

What guns are you all going to?

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Must have been the month for Sig to do classes in Indiana! I really enjoyed the class and got a lot out of it. I definitely need to keep working on my speed, but I got a bunch of good drills and training concepts to take back to the department. New guns should be in next week, so it's gonna be a busy month!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We have the P320 carry in 9mm now, going to the P320 X-Pro full-size with the Romeo 1 Pro. We originally went with the carry because we figured it would be easier to sit in the car with them...less digging into the seat. Turns out by the time you put a light on it and stick it in a Safariland 6360, it's just as long as a full-size, so we opted for the added barrel length this time around.