SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250-Questions and your experience.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250-Questions and your experience. Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a Compact Gen2 9mm P250 that is in excellent condition. I owned one of the early P250s 10 years ago, but have little experience with them since that time.

My understanding is that the Gen2 P250 was updated and reliable pistols, especially in 9mm. From what I read, even Bruce Grey said they were good to go. Is this accurate?

What are the replacement intervals for springs and parts of the P250? I plan to do a lot of dry fire with the gun.

Will P250 and P320 holsters interchange? From my research, it seems so.

Anything else I should ask or know about the P250?

Thank you all for your time!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheNewbie,

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheNewbie:
Will P250 and P320 holsters interchange? From my research, it seems so.

Yes.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I like the P250. The weird rear sight annoyed me though.

You should be fine changing the recoil spring and trigger bar spring as needed.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P250C and it has been 100% reliable and I use the magazines and holster from a p320c that I used to have. The trigger is great and it is pretty accurate and simple and easy top operate. Also have a p220, 225, 228 239 and other pistols, but the P250 is the first pistol I would recommend for a new shooter to learn gun safety and to shoot with.

Found this a few years ago at a Cabelas for $399.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 250, one is my EDC. I bought one used years ago and forgot about it. Once I shot it, I went looking for more and discovered they had been discontinued. Eventually I was able to find several deeply discounted (Compacts, under 300) and bought them. I like having a compact upper on a subcompact frame. For the most part, magazines and frames swap with the 320. One exception is the old style mag base, which won't seat in a newer frame. I found a bunch of these in compact size, and use them in a subcompact frame at the range. Desantis made a "Sky Ops" or "Sky Cop" OWB leather holster with a thumb break. You can sometimes find them on web sites as a discontinued item very reasonably. They have an open bottom, so compact and sc configs both fit. Frame modules are available online and at shows, etc in a variety of sizes and colors. Springs, etc are at Gun Parts Corp, IIRC.

Have fun with your gun!

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally own a few P250's and have extra exchange kits for them. Mine have been flawless and have never had any issues.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a P250sc in .40 S&W and a P250c and sc in 9mm. I used to own a P250f in .45 and a P250c in .40. I like the platform, other than the odd-ball rear sight. Winthrop makes a nice, affordable holster for the 250/320 series.

My .40 is in a ODG grip module and the 9mm’s are in FDE.

DAO pistols are not popular in my area. Used P250’s don’t sell well here.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few.....two were purchased as whole guns others were Xchange kits.

Has always been one of my favorite and most reliable guns. Also has one of the most incredible DA triggers I've ever enjoyed.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a great gun and my EDC.

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Love mine, its pulling bedside duty these days.
.45acp compact

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Just need to try and find more NIB or lightly used models.

If something breaks, will Sig fix them?

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
FYI, CDNN has rear night sights for 9.99, normally 50.00

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my P250--
Sub-Compact upper and compact grip, yielding a 10-round sub compact. Had to amputate some of the dust cover, though...

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Can you make your thread title more descriptive so people don't have to click in to see why you've posted.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Can you make your thread title more descriptive so people don't have to click in to see why you've posted.

Edited with updated title.

posted Hide Post
What kind of round counts do you all have through the P250?

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'd expect one could got 10's of thousands... but I don't have experience with that.... About the most I've ever shot was 600+ rounds over four days and have never had a problem with older Ruger P series or the three Sigs I've done this with the last 3 times.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the first P250's out just after sig announced the gun, for a short while it worked well, a Compact 9mm.

Not long after you couldn't run more than a mag through it before it would fail to chamber rounds, at first once, and tap, then worse, and worse and worse, until you couldn't run a full mag without it failing to chamber rounds

Put it in the box and the back of the safe for a year or more and forgot about it. Finally sent it to Sig they "fixed" it, didn't say what they did and I traded it in as soon as I got it back. Still liked it though just couldn't trust this particular gun.

Several years later ran across a sub compact in the used case in 380 and bought it with box, and two mags for $200, couldn't pass it up.

Shot it once, about 50 rounds without a problem, need to get it back out for a little range time. I still like the idea of the hammer fired poly gun.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen2 compact 9mm P250 was my first semi-auto and my first SIG.
Made the transition from revolvers to semi-autos very easy.
Used it to take a tactical pistol class and won a challenge coin during one of the drills.
Great all-around gun. Easy to use, easy to maintain, reliable, accurate.
It was my EDC for a long time.

But it exposed me to the addictive world of SIG's ! ! !

I still shoot it occasionally, but I rarely carry it anymore.
Now carrying DA/SA sig's instead.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone made a p250 x-carry? I was kicking around the idea of picking up a used p250 compact and getting the x frames (especially the compact when it comes out).

The p250 has the more vertical slide serrations, which I think look much better.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post