SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Woods Carry Rigs: What Do You Like?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woods Carry Rigs: What Do You Like? Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Galco Miami classic

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
SIG 239 in 357 SIG in a Kramer pancake with a thumb break and a double-magazine holder.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
For a belt holster:

Revolvers- ElPaso Threepersons carries nicely.

Glock .45acp or my 10mm- Safariland 6378 ALS with a paddle, this works great to distribute weight and retain the pistol.

Chest rig- if I have on a pack with a waist belt the belt mounted holster doesn’t work, so I went with a Gunfighters chest rig, wow this is great with a Glock 29 in it. I use it also to flyfish and it’s very comfortable.

I also have a Mossberg 500 with slugs and a sling that gets used quite often.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alaska is the only place I open carry camping or on the trails G20 in a cheap kydex paddle holster. Any other location it's one of my 357 sigs, G33, P239 or a G31. The G31 strong side under shirt. The compacts go in a stow and go in front pocket as I am a very big guy works great.

Posts: 6 | Registered: August 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
I usually carry when I'm bowhunting here in CO; I like the Kenai though I had to install moleskin material in places where it seemed to make creaking noises.

I found the Diamond D Leather holster much quieter; this year I'll have my Single-Six in a Denali Chest Holster (ballistic nylon).

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Surprised no one has mentioned Rob Leahy's Simply Rugged holsters. His Chesty Puller accessories convert his belt holster to chest carry. Great stuff!

Simply Rugged doesn’t seem to be very popular around here. I’ve never heard anyone talk bad about them, there is just no interest. I think a lot of people are missing out too. They make great quality leather for a fair price and I love how the pancake holsters are modular so I can use the same holster IWB, OWB and in a chest rig. Plus his turn around time is usually pretty fast. I own at least a half dozen of his holsters and a few other accessories and I am very happy.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I live in Bear country. I have a pancake holster for this and a few other holsters.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I prefer tbe G40 MOS (10mm).

Capacity, reliability, durability, inexpensive, and enough oomph for me and the critters I encounter.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a dark blue fanny pack. It doesn't scream gun and works well.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunfighters Kenai for my handgun options. US Peacekeeper "stubby" scabbard when I've decided that nothing less than 12ga slugs loaded in a 590 Shockwave will suffice.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post