SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tempted by the Walther PDP compact
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tempted by the Walther PDP compact Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
The case on the F Series states "Assembled in the US". I don't know of the components are made in the US.

I believe the components are still made in Germany but that will probably change at a later date.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one briefly. I didn't like how the optic plates didn't have positive locating lugs to the slide. And the way they got the optic "lower" in the slide was by raising the top of the slide compared to the PPQ. But you still can't co-witness with normal sights.

After messing with various pistols and optics, I have come to the conclusion that optics should be direct mounted with no adapter plates. And the "modularity" of the PDP is non-sensical without a separate FCU.

Among striker guns, the P320 is getting better and better as time goes on. I still have some VP9's because they share mags with my P30's, but overall, I don't need any other striker guns except my 320's.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Must have been an early model. The plates and machining of the slide have changed.

https://waltherarms.com/2021/0...e-mounting-system-2/

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they changed it because of zero failures. They added the recoil lugs that should have been there in the first place "just because". The Q4 and Q5 had recoil lugs on their optics plates. They tried to cost reduce the PDP and had to go back to a better design.

Public beta testing, once again.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Like Sigs didn't have their share of beta testing. LOL

I think you even alluded to it in your assessment that the P320 is "getting better and better". Well it should because it was flawed big time, from the beginning.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the 4" Compact a few months ago.
My first Walther. I really like it, I changed the sights and that is all. It does have a good trigger but a lot of take up, not sure if I will live with it or change it out.

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about getting the PDP compact for an OR EDC pistol. Anyone still running theirs now that some time has gone by or did you move on to something else?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post