SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Paging Ken @ Hogue: Question on X5 Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Ken @ Hogue: Question on X5 Grips Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Ken, I’m hoping you can help with a question that’s come up. 12131 made a post about the new US X5s compared to the German ones and noticed that the current X5 grips won’t fit the US guns while I used the contact form and got a reply from Mandy Gheza saying your grips will fit both guns.

Do those grips fit the US and German models, or is some modification needed to make that work?

Also, what’s the difference between Piranha and Checkered grip textures?

Thanks.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Ken, I’m hoping you can help with a question that’s come up. 12131 made a post about the new US X5s compared to the German ones and noticed that the current X5 grips won’t fit the US guns while I used the contact form and got a reply from Mandy Gheza saying your grips will fit both guns.

Do those grips fit the US and German models, or is some modification needed to make that work?...

Note that I said I have their Rev D X SAO grips, which do not fit the US model. Never said "current", because I don't know what revision they are at now. Wink

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ken,

Do those grips fit the US and German models, or is some modification needed to make that work?

Thanks.

ALL inspections shts. shows that the new model for the US X5 do not fit. We are currently on REV 4 for the US model and there is no indication of an modification to fit the German model. We are on REV E on the German model and ALL changes noted say nothing about fitting the US model.

We are however requesting grips and frames for BOTH models to see if anything can be done.
You'll have to give us time to evaluate. Once we know either way I will post it here for all to see.

Click here this link to view the Chainlink txture. and here for the Checkered txture

Chainlink has been reported more aggressive than checkered

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That saves me from buying grips for now.

I saw the difference for Chainlink and Checkered, but I was curious about Piranha and Checkered. As far as I can see, they’re the same pattern.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ken is the only person I go to for any questions regarding Hogue grips. Cool

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I was curious about Piranha and Checkered. As far as I can see, they’re the same pattern.

It is because the Piranha pattern on their German X5 grips is actually what I call micro Piranha. It's smaller/finer than their standard Piranha found on other grips. So, it appears to look the same as their Checkered pattern. But, up close, you can see the difference.

Q

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ken
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
quote:
Ken,

Thanks.

ALL inspections shts. shows that the new model for the US X5 do not fit. We are currently on REV 4 for the US model and there is no indication of an modification to fit the German model. We are on REV E on the German model and ALL changes noted say nothing about fitting the US model.

We are however requesting grips and frames for BOTH models to see if anything can be done.
You'll have to give us time to evaluate. Once we know either way I will post it here for all to see.

Click here this link to view the Chainlink txture. and here for the Checkered txture

Chainlink has been reported more aggressive than checkered

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
HOLD THE PRESSES!
Hot off the press.

Hogue P226 X5 SAO HAVE been modified to fit BOTH EU Steel frames AND US Aluminum frames. These changes are identified with REV F. So, pre REV F will only fit P226 SAO Aluminum frame, and the original EU X5 steel frame.

Again, Rev F will not only fit all the above but also the New X5.

ALL Current Inventory as of today has been pulled to be modified to reflect REV F ALL future builds moving forward will be REV F.
Got It!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Ken@Hogue is the best. Reason why I buy Hogue grips with confidence. Just received and installed another set of j frame bantom g10 piranhas today.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
OK folks,
The Sig P226 X5 SAO standard bottom and Magrips have all been modified. The Standard X5 grips are Rev F and the Magrips are now Rev B. All the grips are now being repackaged. I expect everything to be re-packaged and ready to fill orders soon. This reflect all current inventory we had in stock so moving forward with production these changes will be reflected with the new REV's.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you, Ken. Can't say enough good things about Hogue.

Q