SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Everyone posts pics of their new nice gun, lets see the ones you shouldn't have sold
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone posts pics of their new nice gun, lets see the ones you shouldn't have sold Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
A mint 92SB

LNIB 92S

92 Elite I vertec so rare it isn't in the Blue Book!

A Weatherby Mark V factory Birdseye maple stock with factory mounted Weatherby scope in 30-06

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
shouldn't have sold?? ok...
Daewoo K1A1

Polytech double UF

FN FNC

SPAS 12

among a few others.....

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
shouldn't have sold?? ok...
Daewoo K1A1

Polytech double UF

FN FNC

SPAS 12

among a few others.....
Had the same Daewoo, loved that rifle....

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Russian Tiger SVD Dragunov, wasn't super accurate, but worth much more than I sold it for!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pics but Walther PP in 32. Beautiful gun, bought cheap, didn’t work well and I was young so I didn’t even try something simple like a new mag. Ignorance of youth.

Posts: 7470 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've never sold one that I regretted letting go. There have been a couple that I regretted not buying...Winchester 94 for $200, P220 for $400, 10mm 3rd gen Smith (don't remember the exact model) for $350. I was young and broke back then, and didn't really have the money...but still wish I'd just found a way to do it. I've since learned to jump on those opportunities when they present themselves...much to my wife's chagrin Big Grin.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a pic, but I foolishly sold my M1 Garand to a co-worker a decade ago. I regret it still now. Uggghhh

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Late 60's "T" series Browning 9mm High Power.

Nothing fancy about the gun itself. Yeah, I know the "T" series are more sought after, and slightly more valuable.

It was more the "where" and "how" I got the gun, and my sentimental value towards it. It was also worked on by a dude that really knew what he was doing.

Damn, I regret selling it.
Thought I'd be able to buy it back from my friend that I sold it to. I told him that if he was going to sell it, to call me first...
Nope, he gave it to his idiot cousin. That moron probably traded it for a case of beer. Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I don’t have a pic, but I foolishly sold my M1 Garand to a co-worker a decade ago. I regret it still now. Uggghhh

I sold my 1943 Winchester M1 to pay the rent one month in college. That one still stings. I have some really crappy pictures of it somewhere....

Oh! Found one!

Found more!
This Smith 10-5 was in really rough shape externally, but someone had worked the trigger over and it was absolute butter. I should have kept that one and had it refinished.

I forgot I owned this Enfield. Never shot it. This would have made a great jungle carbine.

My Marlin 1894C in .44mag. I really liked this rifle, but as a poor college student, buying .44 mag wasn't really in the budget at the time. I want another one in stainless and .357 someday soon.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
I'll never forgive myself for letting go of my P220 ST NITRON (yes, one of those) that I bought from Flork back in the day. Aside from being incredibly rare, it had one of the nicest triggers you could imagine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcshooter,

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not 1, but 2 Winchester 9422 22 Magnums.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I sold my P245 to a good friend. I've regretted it ever since.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like a young, impulsive moron from manny years ago...I sold/traded my Sig 220 German 9mm to my friend who was my contractor on my very
1st house. He laid all the hardwood floors. All things considered, I want the gun back

Posts: 55 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
Nobody has time to read a list of all the guns I shouldn't have let go...

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
1976 S&W 41 (with 5.5” field and 5.5” bull barrels).
3” S&W 586 Lew Horton (pre-lock).
2.5” S&W 19-? P&R (dead mint in box with the paper).
West German P220.
Triple S/N P229.
Mark III Browning Hi Power.

These are just the highlights of my idiocy…

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
many that come to mind right away were before I took pictures of them. Lets see.. ones with easy to post pics:

My first SIG, first 220. I sold it and bought a 220ST. Then another older 220. Sold both. There are times when I think I should have just kept the first one.

My .40-60 rolling block. I didn't shoot it. Was shooting lots of iron sighted BPCR at the time, but rarely shot this one. To my mind (at the time) it was a lot of money just sitting 364 days a year, so I sold it. Now my eyes are gone and I would love to have that scope/rifle.

HK It was a rare occasional novelty gun, and I had more invested in magazines than the gun itself. Again used rational thinking, sold it and used the money to buy a Limited-10 gun for USPSA. Then a few years later, that gun started to sit and I wished I still had the squeeze cocker.

Grease Gun mag lower 45acp. Same deal, a lot of money siting all year. Sold it to buy a sporting clays gun, which I never did. Paid bills instead. A couple weeks after I sold it, they passed law ensuring I would never own another.

T/C Scout, mentioned this somewhere the other day. I think I got $150 for it and can't for the life of me recall why I would have sold it. Stupid.

The Benelli on the left. Did I need a 3rd M2 and a duplicate one? No. So I sold it, actually lost money on it and have spent no small amount of time trying to replace it (in the same price range, which aint likely to happen)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the main aspects of being a Sig Forum member is that hindsight is 20/20. And a bitch!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am slow to let go of almost any gun, and I don't sell too many. I have absolutely no regrets about any of the ones I've sold.

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by austintx:
I am slow to let go of almost any gun, and I don't sell too many. I have absolutely no regrets about any of the ones I've sold.

Yup, I have let go of many.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sold a lot of pistols over the years never regretted selling any of them. The money went towards another pistol or for gun parts towards a semi custom build. The vast majority of them were guns I acquired in trades or bought used.

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post