SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Broke down and got a Glock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broke down and got a Glock Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
It's my fifth. Big Grin

Seriously though, it's a Gen 5 G19 MOS. I have a C&H Precision mounting plate and a Trijicon RMR on the way. Any tips/tricks for installing it all? I've watched a couple of videos (including the rather salty guy from C&H. I loved him talking about why he doesn't recommend LocTite 222 any more. LOL) and it seems pretty straightforward.

I am debating on replacing the sights. I assume it requires 'suppressor height' but I'm also thinking with that small RMR window, I might be better off just leaving the ball/bucket on there.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
You should bring your fancy new pistol down and shoot Steel Challenge with us, Allen.
First and second Saturdays of every month.
Oh yeah … don’t use Loctite red.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm kinda busy with retiring, getting this house ready to sell, and getting the Arkansas house squared away. Big Grin

But you need to watch that video. That guy was so disgusted with people (customers, presumably) ignoring his directions.

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I'd like to have a G19 myself. Just to have one.
My 320C has a MUCH better trigger though.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39759 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any tips/tricks for installing it all?

Yes you need Suppressor Height Sights in order to get them above the plate & bottom of the RDS.

Use loctite!
Adjust the triangle how you want it
(Tip if the triangle or the center of the triangle as your POA) in relation to the front sight, let a few rounds fly to confirm.

I'm liking a 10 yard zero, there's some that like a 15 yard.
There's some youtube videos out there explaining the difference.

I have an RMR on my G-34. I forgot I didn't use loctite. Things went well for about 50 rounds, then I was "WTF?!?! I'm missing by a lot!"
Ahhhhh!!!! That's why it's loose.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buck's directions for installation are good to go. Thread prep, appropriate use of thread locker, following torque specs, and allowing the thread locker to cure will ensure a high level of reliability.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
In addition to the gun goodies I also got a black oil-based Sharpie and a blue oil-based fine tip Sharpie. How's that for following directions? Big Grin

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the party!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
C&H Precision

I have a C&H plate for my Legion P320, one of these days I'll have to get off my butt and install it....

Link to Install videos

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a used G44 that was sold to the shop I work at. Have been interested in one of these for awhile and I just couldn’t pass it up.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8108 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I like the Glock 19 well enough to have two of them. Also have the bigger bore brother G23 40 cal.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
My 509T came loose twice on my G45 using blue loctite. I made a mix of red and blue to get the purple. Hope it works!

quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Buck's directions for installation are good to go. Thread prep, appropriate use of thread locker, following torque specs, and allowing the thread locker to cure will ensure a high level of reliability.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
I like my G19 a lot. Can't deny it.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a 19 Gen 5 MOS and the CH plate. The mounting screws that went through the plate to the gun one came loose so I remounted with fresh screws and after speaking with customer service I upped the torque from 10# to 11# and it has been secure since. I have a Holosun 507c with the ACSS reticle and it’s great.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I have a 19 Gen 5 MOS and the CH plate. The mounting screws that went through the plate to the gun one came loose so I remounted with fresh screws and after speaking with customer service I upped the torque from 10# to 11# and it has been secure since. I have a Holosun 507c with the ACSS reticle and it’s great.

Blue Loctite is your friend.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
All I can say is they aren't nearly as ugly once you own one.. I swore I would never own a Glock... some how I ended up with three. "Never say Never"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone should have at least a Glock 19, just because there are so many out there and parts are available everywhere. And the Gen 5s just rule!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I accidentally ordered the RMRcc plate, so I have to send it back. Kinda glad, discovered the Forward Controls plate and ordered one of theirs. Talked with one of them about sights and settled on the GL-429s.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:

Blue Loctite is your friend.

I used their included threadlocker both times.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G19 and pimped it out just to scratch the itch since all the cool kids where doing it. For whatever reason it never resonated with me and I didn't shoot it well compared to my PPQ's/PDP's. Ended up selling the G19 and bought a CZ P10C on one of these crazy sales and that thing SHOOTS!

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post