SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229C at the gun store.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229C at the gun store. Login/Join 
posted
I’m looking hard at this one. Never seen one before. The wife looked at it and really liked the feel and size. The boy liked it too. It will probably wind up as his primary gun if I get it.

I’d like the opinion and advice of the Forum before I take the plunge on this different model.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Limited run. No longer made. So, support might eventually be a problem.

Q

Posts: 26411 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Depends on the price, I think I paid NIB 575 or so..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
What caliber was it? I know the 357 Sig variant to be a Very good shooter

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229C in 9mm.
Tag is $879 before negotiations. This seems to be out of range. This is primarily the holdup.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That’s a rip. Those guys were being given away for a while. At that price you can find an M11-A1

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Way to high... no way i would buy at that price.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Probably too high, but I recall the 9mm version was the toughest of the three calibers to find.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my sas 40 cal but wish I had a 9mm. They did sell for around $600 new but they are no longer available so prices could spike.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
P229C in 9mm.
Tag is $879 before negotiations. This seems to be out of range. This is primarily the holdup.

I would consider $800 as a fair price for a new one as 9mm versions are extremely hard to find. The upper is the same as a P224.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4268 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I bought one from a member here last year.
It is in 9mm.
I am very happy it shoots great and easy to carry inside the wait band.
Was a little concerned about spare parts. I called Sig and was told if ever a problem send it back for repair.
I was told the slide was from the P224 but the frame was a hybrid 224/229 so not sure how long parts will be available for.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P229C 9mm, I've had no reliability issues. I really like the G10 grips, It's my favorite hand gun.

If you are concerned about parts you can look for the "224-40357-PKIT" that includes recoil, trigger bar, decocker and slide catch springs plus grip screws and pins. FYI - the 9mm 229C and 224 use the same recoil spring as the 357 and 40 models. I bought a parts kit just in case I ever need it, at the time I bought them they were still pretty easy to get, not sure about now.

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
<snip>
I was told the slide was from the P224 but the frame was a hybrid 224/229 so not sure how long parts will be available for.

I’ve read that the slide rails run in locking insert groves, rather than frame grooves. No problem with that, though.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8965 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I have the 229c sas. it is excellent to carry, just short enough so I don't get the 'hip gouge' that my 229 gives me. The SAS has the short reset trigger which is great, DA is a little rough though.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I bought a 229C in 9mm just last weekend, $550.00 OTD used.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
There’s a reason they were discontinued after one short run. I bought a 9mm maybe 3 Months ago at a gunshow for $589. The last batch by Sig had no night Sights and a dealer cost in the $559 range. Placing a premium on something simply because it’s hard to find due to the fact that it was a bad idea to begin with is crazy in my opinion. If you are t a Sig collector who plans on never shooting the thing then I would get something else for that price.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input from everyone. I'm letting this one sit at the gun store. If the price comes down, I'm a solid maybe on a purchase.

GW.