SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig Legion X5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig Legion X5 Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a new Legion X5. Totally impressed with this firearm. Weight and balance feel perfect. Trigger is very good in my opinion. Fit and finish is very good. Sights seem excellent (very thin front blade with f/o insert). Undercut trigger guard, and the grip texturing (front strap, rear, and sides is aggressive and perfect), allows for a solid grip.

Looking to use it to start competing in USPSA matches. Seems ideal for that.

Won't be able to get it out to the range till the weekend, but definitely excited to test it out. So far, I'm very pleased with it.

According to the case, manufactured 10/22/2021....hot off the press.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lcubanito,

Posts: 63 | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Keep us updated and let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I really like mine although I don't shoot it as much as I should. Soon after I bought it I installed a Delta Point Pro. Mine has the 2nd best trigger of all my P320s & it's pretty darn good, as is the grip module.

Enjoy & be sure to let us know how it shoots!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Pictures needed!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I handled one at a class in Paducah, KY during the summer of ‘20 and liked it enough to acquire one. I installed a Romeo 1 Pro and absolutely love it. We liked it enough that I lucked into a used X5 Legion that we set up the exact same way for my adult son. His Legion is his favorite gun to shoot and his results prove his rationale. Enjoy your new gun.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I handled one at a class in Paducah, KY during the summer of ‘20 and liked it enough to acquire one. I installed a Romeo 1 Pro and absolutely love it. We liked it enough that I lucked into a used X5 Legion that we set up the exact same way for my adult son. His Legion is his favorite gun to shoot and his results prove his rationale. Enjoy your new gun.
I think an optic would be perfect.....but, since I want to use it for USPSA, the optic will stay off for now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

Keep us updated and let us know how it shoots.

If I ever figure out how to post pictures I can show you. Until then.....the gun is better sorted out (read more accurate) than I am. Shoots very straight. 30 rounds made a ragged hole at 7 yards. I really like it. Shoots beautifully. It actually might be one of the most accurate pistols I own.

Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Give us a pic or it never happened. How's the trigger?

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:
Give us a pic or it never happened. How's the trigger?

The trigger is very nice in my opinion. It is very light, fairly positive break, and a fairly short reset. The flat face provides one with a bunch of options for finger placement on the trigger.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Sorry, having owned my share of X5s I just cant get my head around a plastic X5.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Sorry, having owned my share of X5s I just cant get my head around a plastic X5.

Bob

I own an X6 and the TXG framed X5 Legion and they are both awesome for what they are. One is a $900 gun meant to be used in action shooting the other is a $3500 target pistol. Comparing the two is like apples to oranges. The tungsten infused frame does not feel like you’re holding a plastic gun.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:

Bob

That's okay. Let us know how you feel about it when you can wrap your hand around one of them.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Legion is the best deal going in the P320 series. You can't build up a 320 with those features, for the same cost.

The TXG grip module is great, too. Presently I have four P320's that I've built up with the TXG module, using full size slides, in .40 and 9mm.

The texturing done by Grayguns on their TXG offering really makes the pistol stick in the hand.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post