SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Compact 9mm vs..45ACP (Grip Module fit)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Compact 9mm vs..45ACP (Grip Module fit) Login/Join 
posted
I currently own a P320 Compact 9mm (Medium grip module). Considering a new Compact .45ACP. Incidentally, they are still on the Sig Web site and carried by dealers.

My question involves the size/fit of the grip module. Specifically,the part your shooting hand makes contact with. Due to the slightly larger magazine, I'd expect the .45 grip module to be slightly larger, which would not be a problem.

If anybody owns (or has shot) both, can you explain any fit differences (if any) between the two.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The .45 compact module does not feel "big". It feels about the same as a medium 9/40/357 module. I held one in a store the other day and that was my impression.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Just in case you haven't already used Sig's Dealer Locater to find the closest Master Dealer to you:

www.SigSauer.com/Dealer-Locator

There aren't many around the US, but call any within driving distance to ask if they have the .45 Grip Module in stock.

To be honest, I've moved to Wilson Combat Grip Modules for my 9mm because they fit my hand better.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also be aware that most 320C in 45 ACP come with the “small” grip module, so even though the 45 ACP cartridge is bigger, with the small grip, it is about the same as the medium grip on the 9mm/40S+W models. I find the small grip in 45 to be slightly smaller than the medium grip in 9/40, so I replaced mine with a medium grip in 45, and find it marginally bigger than the medium in 9/40, but not enough to matter. You would have to hold one, and then the other immediately in order to feel the difference.YMMV.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Exactly the info I was looking for. Appears not to be a monumental difference between the .45 Small and my P320C 9mm Medium. Have the option to go up to the .45 Medium if desired. Good to know the Small is the standard size on the .45.

I have two 1911's in .45ACP, Colt Series '80 Lightweight and a Wilson Pro (Commander size). Like them both and shoot them better than any other pistol. However, with age-related arthritis rearing its' ugly head, the joints/muscles/tendons hurt for 2-3 days after I shoot. Even with wussie reloads. The P320 .45 is reputed to be a soft shooter.

If I replace them with a P320, I'll be sad to see them go. However, I'm grateful for all the wonderful shooting I've had from my 1911's since 1972.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post