SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIG Pistol In The House.....err Sort of. SIG ASP SUPER TARGET
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG Pistol In The House.....err Sort of. SIG ASP SUPER TARGET Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Well I received this interesting box today.

Inside is my new SIG pistol.......from Italy......really. Big Grin

The pistol in question is a SIG ASP Super Target. A single stroke pneumatic .177 air pistol. I love my air guns and although I realize a single shot, low powered air pistol isn't everybody's cup of bourbon I love em. My air guns have largely replaced my .22LR shooting time and I find 95% of the time I get far more enjoyment from them then .22 Long Rifle. Besides I always need new places to hemorrhage money.

I have to say out of the box the pistol feels great in the hand and is put together well. It is designed to VAGUELY look like a SIG P210. More aptly a SIG P210s homely, shy, shut in of a cousin but I digress. It actually doesn't look too bad in person, although I would prefer a nicer set of grips and maybe just a WEEEE bit less verbiage. I mean Ruger might put billboards on their guns but I was sure the one on this one was going to start off with "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Those two things out of the way I gotta say for the short time I have had it out of the box I am liking it. It has the right amount of power and noise for my desires, has good trigger out of the box without any adjusting and seems like it will be an accurate little shooter once it and I settle in. I am very happy with the sights.

So what about that Italian SIG comment you ask? Well it clearly states MADE IN ITALY in chapter three of the billboard and upon closer inspection I would guess it is made by Chiappa as it functionally identical to my FAS 6004, which is a good thing as my FAS has been a fantastic gun.

The first couple of 10 shot groups, off hand at about 25 feet are perfectly adequate for me. My skill level fluctuates between passable and Parkinson's so unless its rested I am not the best person to judge groups by but for the first 20 shots through the gun I am happy. (NOTE my backstop is OLD and needs to be cleaned so I tend to get some spall coming back. I have noted that on the targets.

So all in all there you have it an Italian made SIG not firearm pistol. Just the thing you all came to the SIG forum to learn about.

As always take care, shoot safe and you'll probably shoot your eye out.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I do believe this little guy will do quite well. Big Grin

One thing to mention as far as airguns go. If you are unfamiliar with airguns in general they all tend to need a little break in and they all have pellet preferences. Much like real guns you cannot just shove any ammo in there and expect it all to perform the same.

The group above was with another "ammo" as I play around with the gun and it produced a pretty nice group for me off hand. The egregious "flyer" to the left was ALL ME. My only surprise was that it was closer then I thought it would be, I felt myself sling that one way off. Again......passable to Parkinson's. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats! Smile

I need one of those. To thin out the tree rats around the house. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post