SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Washington State - Sig LE Duty Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington State - Sig LE Duty Carry Login/Join 
posted
Former WA cop new to the forum. Issued and carried 226/229. I know with the expense a lot of agencies have transitioned away from Sigs. Curious if any WA agencies are still issuing Sigs and what they think of the new generation?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Lynnwood went from p229 to p320 and now issue G17 with RMR. Everyone seems to be Glock or Smith and Wesson M & P.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a Uncle in Redmond Glock 21 for him .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. I just moved from Oly/Lacey/Tumwater earlier this year.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Bellevue PD issues the Sig P320RX with Romeo 1 red dot.

Kirkland PD also issues the P320RX with Romeo 1.

Renton PD issues the P320.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont think you'll see anything thats not polymer in holsters now adays unless its a buy your own gun agency.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I dont think you'll see anything thats not polymer in holsters now adays unless its a buy your own gun agency.

I sure miss the days when it was largely a P220/226, a 92FS or an occasional 3rd gen Smith.

(and more than a few Glocks for the sake of being complete)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last I saw, Kent PD was still carrying 226's...

Character is doing the right thing even when no one else will know...

Posts: 50 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: June 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Redmond G17's
KCSO G17/19's
Auburn 226

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I worked at Kent P.D., we were a SIG agency at that time.

A few years back I flew out to WA and while I was visiting my family, I went out to the KPD range and shot my retired LEOSA qual. I was informed that they were phasing out the SIGs and replacing them with S&W M&Ps.

Some officers are still carrying SIGs (226, 229, 220, and 239)but new hires are getting S&W M&P. I was also told that there were some officers carrying Glocks, specifically some lateral hires that had been issued Glocks at their old agencies.

While I worked at KPD, you could carry your privately owned gun if you wished - as long as it was approved by the Range Master.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
My agency Snohomish County SO has M&P .40 2.0.

At least one detective carries a SIG P320.

None of the agencies in the area issue SIG.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
Lynnwood went from p229 to p320 and now issue G17 with RMR.

Interesting that they could afford optics, though I’m sure they will be useful.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The officers I’ve seen between Kent and Black Diamond generally seem to be carrying Glocks. Not sure which caliber.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dept issued me a glock 20 years ago but recently went to P320s. I have carried a P220 and now a P226 legion. I dont trust polymer guns much.

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
Redmond G17's
KCSO G17/19's
Auburn 226

Auburn PD switched to Glocks several years ago (but they may allow individual officers latitude based on longevity and qualifications).

Best, Jon

Posts: 995 | Location: Auburn, WA USA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post