Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 10mm Login/Join 
Saluki
posted
Specifically a Stainless II, any experience with these? The idea of scratching two itchy spots, 1911 and 10mm, is appealing.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Kimber Stainless II Target in 45. It's an accurate, well fitted gun with a good trigger.
I had a Colt Delta Elite stainless in 10 mm. I loaded some Nosler 135 gr. HP near the top end in the reloading manual. A gallon Preston antifreeze jug of water looked like it had been hit with a rifle. Not scientific testing, but impressive.
A good Kimber in 10 mm should serve you well.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I bought a Custom Eclipse II in 10mm almost thirty years ago. It had a few issues as it was their first attempt at 10mm (it has since been redesigned).

Easy to shoot, accurate, parts are easy to find, and great customer service.

I had several Kimbers before that. I liked the 10mm so much, I traded off all of the 45s that I no longer shot all that much.

The only other Kimber I have is a Stainless Target, but it is chambered in 17mach2.

Let us know what you decide.

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I have the Stainless II in 10mm and it always goes bang. It is my travel gun when I am in restricted mag states, that is how much I trust it. I did replace a few minor parts, slide stop and mainspring housing, but that is it.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
The Kimber came home.

Gave it a Hoppes bath, seemed appropriate. Took about 30 seconds to launch the spring cap across the basement. I’ll not be cleaning 1911’s for entertainment I can assure you. Everything is of course tight, and being completely unfamiliar it took some time to reassemble.

It’ll be dry firing only for awhile. Cold and sopping wet range conditions for a few more weeks I’m guessing.

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Send us some pics when you have time.

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Took about 30 seconds to launch the spring cap across the basement. I’ll not be cleaning 1911’s for entertainment I can assure you.
It becomes easier with repetition Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy who bought a Kimber 1911 Rapide 10mm last year. He experienced a lot FTF & FTE problems even after the break-in period. He sent it back to Kimber, and they worked on it. It came back good, and he hasn't had any problems w/ it since, but still... Would have been nicer if it came from the factory working properly in the first place, especially on a $1600 gun.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Took about 30 seconds to launch the spring cap across the basement. I’ll not be cleaning 1911’s for entertainment I can assure you.
It becomes easier with repetition Smile

That's the first thing I did when I took apart my SA Loaded after bringing it home....and I already had a 1911 and "knew what I was doing". Spent 15 minutes muttering under my breath and digging through a pile of sawdust in the corner of the shop before I found it. Big Grin

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP: If you search my postings from 2019, you can find my thoughts on the Kimber 10mm, as well as some changes you may want to consider.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
OP: If you search my postings from 2019, you can find my thoughts…
I’ll do that, thanks.
Now the weather is changing and a range trip is in the works. Spring tends to flood the place I shoot, an ancient peat bog, is the best description.

posted Hide Post
Next week I'll be in Hibbing sharing the range with mosquitoes.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
Next week I'll be in Hibbing sharing the range with mosquitoes.
Hush with that kind of talk. Gotta be a few weeks between winter and mosquitoes.