Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMP 1911s Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I shoot mine on a regular basis but use low power reloads. Always an option for CDP in IDPA
matches

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot mine fairly regularly maybe 100 rounds every month or so. I did replace the recoil spring with a Wilson flat wire to limit battering a 75 plus year old frame. And it shoots about as good as possible consider the tiny GI type sights. I can hold my group on a 50 foot bullseye pistol target inside the black, which is certainly reasonable.
I throughly appreciate the history it represents

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Lighten up 220Smudge. Of course I was serious and just wanted to know. Looks like a few are firing them which was the purpose of my question.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was in a military police reserve company back in the 80's, for those who say the .45's were worn out by the time they were taken out of stock, i had to do inventory on them, we had 250 1911's, when we had to qualify they just pulled out the first 50, so 200 never left the vault except for cleaning weekend, we had a Singer, 4 Union Switch and Signals, some commercial Colt's, 10 National matches for the pistol team, and then the whole Rem Rand,Ithaca,and Colt line. 200 prime .45's that went into that vault in 1955 and then were never abused. It made me cry when we had to go to the M9's.

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m.p.driver:
Was in a military police reserve company back in the 80's, for those who say the .45's were worn out by the time they were taken out of stock, i had to do inventory on them, we had 250 1911's, when we had to qualify they just pulled out the first 50, so 200 never left the vault except for cleaning weekend, we had a Singer, 4 Union Switch and Signals, some commercial Colt's, 10 National matches for the pistol team, and then the whole Rem Rand,Ithaca,and Colt line. 200 prime .45's that went into that vault in 1955 and then were never abused. It made me cry when we had to go to the M9's.

When I was an enlisted guy in the 80’s I was in a medical unit. They had about 12 45’s, all Remington Rand and all original never rebuilt. I would judge them to be in 90%+ condition.
Same deal, they would just take the first six out for qualification day, clean and put away. When we had annual training, those few issued pistols would put them in the holster, carry for two weeks clean and turn back in. No abuse at all. Some even put a zip lock back around them before holstering to keep them clean for turn in!

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post