SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 or S&W M&P 2.0
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 or S&W M&P 2.0 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really like them both. My p320s are in 9,40 and 45, each with GGtriggers, and enjoy all three, the hard point is th M&P 2.0C with a great trigger and for me, more accurate at 15 yards. I will not be replacing the trigger with an Apex. For me the trigger is good just the way it is.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a dilemma. G19, PPQ, M&P, VP9, P10c, P320, APX...etc. They're all good, it's just a matter of splitting hairs now. I've had all of them at one time or another and if I had to choose just one I'd take a Gen 5 G19.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could not decide on the two guns that are the subject of this thread, so I bought both new recently. P320 RX (with update) and 5.0" 2.0 M&P, which I put a Vortex Venom RDS on. I've shot them a lot side-by-side since, and it's a hard choice. Both are good guns that I enjoy shooting, and both are accurate.

But if I had to pick just one, it'd be the Sig. It has less slack in the trigger and the reset is just a little bit nicer. Overall, I shoot it a tad better. And this is coming from an M&P guy. We own 6 of them, and only this one Sig.

With a trigger or sear enhancement for the 2.0, it'd probably be dead even. And I may do that at some point. But the Sig does not need anything like that done to it, IMO. Very sweet trigger out of the box. The 2.0 trigger is way better than any of our stock 1.0 M&P's, and is not a BAD trigger. Just not quite as good.

I think the Romeo RDS has developed a small crack/chip in the glass. So I'm not too happy about that. Vortex and Romeo are both good RDS, I can't tell any difference.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M&P line are fine pistols, but just don't call to me. I have not had my mitts on a 2.0 though.

This may make up your mind: https://www.brownells.com/fire...&utm_campaign=Itwine

I'd buy at that price if I had the disposable income right now. Timing is everything.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have both and my choice is an m&p 2.0 with an apex dcaek kit. By far the best trigger and really shortens the reset. Only plus to the p320 is its easier for me to reach the controls like the slide release and mag release on that gun without having to shift my hand position.

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, with all the quality pistols we have these days, asking which pistol is best, is nothing more than a personal preferance Ford vs Chevy type choice. One pistol is not truly head and shoulders above the other ones anymore, except in your mind. And there is nothing wrong with thinking that . If one pistol was so much better or overall superior for everyone, it would put all the other ones out of business. Well,no company has done it yet.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
How good is the trigger on the MP 2.0?
Good enough that you aren't spending money on Apex parts?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
How good is the trigger on the MP 2.0?
Good enough that you aren't spending money on Apex parts?

I believe it's good enough. I think the stock 2.0 trigger is more than fine for a defensive handgun. But then I don't look at a M&P as some wannabe precision target pistol either. If you're wanting more out of almost any service class pistol, some amount of trigger work will likely be in the cards.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to say Sig, but the 2.0 gets my vote. Especially in compact form.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have both and I am very happy. The M&P 2.0 is a far better pistol then the M&P 1.0. I got a P320 just because I like it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
The M&P 2.0, just what I prefer.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
2.0 by a wide margin for me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P320C and the 5 inch 2.0. I like them both, I carry the P320C daily.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’d opt for the M&P 2.0. It has better ergo’s and balance. Especially the compact.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the M&P. I also have a 320, but it is a pretty chunky pistol compared to a Glock or M&P.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
This thread has me reconsidering the 320 compact I have on lay a way right now. Wondering if the M&P 2.0 compact may have been the wiser move...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the 320. I prefer it over the M&P. I never could warm up to it. Never could get a comfortable grip with them.

Tried the 2.0 compact as well, and same problems with grip.

The 2.0 is better than the original, but I am just not a huge fan of them.

I don't think the 320 is better than the M&P or vise versa, it's just my preference. I shoot the 320 better.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have more than one of each P320 and M&P M2.0 in several sizes. P320 seemed great when it came out for Beta testing, but took a while and over $100 finally to get close to a decent trigger. Lots of issues with finding and needing to buy different grips so as to fit hand. Shot P320C in IDPA for a while. Then the well tested and evolved M2.0 arrived. In the box of M2.0 four backstraps so can fit everyone! As is, the M&P9 M2.0 is excellent, but a 15 minute lifting of the rear and exchaging sear with Apex two-dot sear brings a good trigger to an excellent trigger. Attended the SIG P320 school: oh my, what a bunch of small parts and small springs - military will not be happy when M17 m18 gets into field.

M&P9 M2.0 is available with 5", 4.25" (now being shot in IDPA) 4" and 3.6" - all with out-of-the-box fit. Williams Gun Sight fiber adjustable sights are desirable, but the factory sights are ok.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my personal opinion. I have owned both. Still own the M&P 2.0. I think it's just personal preference. I shot the M&P slightly better and I really liked that they basically come pre-stippled. But you aren't going to lose either way IMHO.

Posts: 20 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
M&P 2.0. is my pick. The 320 has too much muzzle rise for me and my M&P 1.0 is very resistant to limp wristing, weak ammo, and has low perceived recoil. IMHO.

Someone agrees with me in that I always thought the 320 has too much muzzle rise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post