SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 X5 All Around New To Me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 X5 All Around New To Me Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
I reached a goal today… MarioG allowed me to become the new Guardian of a 2007/8? 226 X5 Allaround. I put the question mark as the serial number (U776438) dates it as 2008 but the barrel marking (AH) dates it as 2007. Either way, I am proud as punch to own this awesome handgun. With a few Gray Guns upgrades and Karl Nill grips, this addition to my collection takes the pole position.

Thanks again Mario for opening your safe and sharing this beauty with me!

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A beautiful thing to see. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Have you had time to shoot it yet? It'll get even better! Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Nice!

Have you had time to shoot it yet? It'll get even better! Wink

Not yet. I am waiting for Bar-Sto to wrap up a barrel for another 226 (a Restomod I just completed) and will take them together. I like those grips… are they original or???

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol. Very jealous. I think the X5 is one of their nicest runs.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bought the Allround because the gun store didn't know what it was (I talked them down $111 first). Big Grin

I didn't really like the Sig grips and Hogue didn't make grips for the Allround.

The grips are Nills with a Sig X-series magwell/jetwell.

When I tried to order them, I was given the options of regular grips or black grips (for $15 more).

I had never seen black Nills and didn't know that they were available, went for those instead.

The jetwell was made available by an importer who could order them from Germany.

Your custom P226 looks like it will be one of your favorites as well.

Thinking you'll be grinning for days once the barrel is fitted

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The X-5 Allround is a great gun. I am lucky to have a pair of them with one chambered in 9MM and the other chambered in 357SIG

I acquired my 9MM in 2007. In 2010 I stumbled on a 40S&W version who's owner had accidentally left the barrel soaking in Hoppes for months. The ruined barrel gave me the opportunity to pick up a donor at a great price, I then had BarSto make me the 357SIG barrel. We were just out shooting the 357 Allround about 4 weeks ago . . . . What a GREAT gun

Both of mine had the Factory supplied plastic grips replaced with Nills grips right away. I think they just look and feel better with the wood

I did not put any magazine funnel on my Allrounds since one of my thoughts was to carry them.

I had High Noon supply me with a proper belt holster for the 5" Allround

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I, too, am a big fan of the Allround, but I prefer the G10 grips. I also added the Grayguns flat triggers.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I, too, am a big fan of the Allround, but I prefer the G10 grips. I also added the Grayguns flat triggers.

I was wondering if the GG dual adjust trigger would fit.

Dave

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Of all the variants of the SIG X line, and there are many nice choices, the one I most want is a SIG P226 X5 All Around.

Nice score Dave!

quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The ruined barrel gave me the opportunity to pick up a donor at a great price, I then had BarSto make me the 357SIG barrel. We were just out shooting the 357 Allround about 4 weeks ago . . . . What a GREAT gun

A P226 X5 All Around chambered in . 357 SIG... that seems like a great combo. Lovin' it!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post