SIGforum
Walther Q4 SF……damn heavy, but OMG does it shoot

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4000040605

January 14, 2024, 04:20 PM
usncorpsman
Walther Q4 SF……damn heavy, but OMG does it shoot
I have some nice guns and this one is as nice as any of my Staccatos, Baers or Wilson’s. As a matter of fact, it outshoots every single one of them. The gun has a great trigger, shoots extremely flat, and feels awesome in the hand. That hefty weight mitigates recoil to almost .22 levels. I love this little beast.

Any other owners here feel the same? I had the Q5 Match and sold it after the first range trip. That was the snappiest gun that I had ever shot. I absolutely hated it.

January 14, 2024, 04:42 PM
smschulz
Not generally a striker-fire guy too much but this one is on my list.
I do have a PDP but I also like the increased weight.
I almost bought one last month when I saw it on sale a t dealer near me but I procrastinated too long and missed it, oh well next time. Frown
January 15, 2024, 09:52 PM
DaBigBR
I've got a Q5SF and love it. The Lok grips and Dynamic Performance Trigger really make the gun.

If you want to tame it even further look at Practical Performance's guide rod assembly that allows you to use Glock 17 ISMI recoil springs.
January 16, 2024, 11:42 AM
748s
Nice looking pistol. How do you guys like the thin Lok grips? I've been tempted to try them on mine, thinking I might prefer them to the stock arched back grips.

January 16, 2024, 02:19 PM
myrottiety
Blue grips and mag base. That's one sharp looking pistol!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
January 16, 2024, 02:30 PM
smschulz
I just added a LOK weighted back strap to my PDP but haven't shot it yet, hope it balances out better.

Still a Q4SF is on my list.

Here Colin Nior raves about it:

... but he did make at least 2 videos on the Q5-SF Black Tie but that one is kind of expensive.