SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther Q4 SF……damn heavy, but OMG does it shoot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Q4 SF……damn heavy, but OMG does it shoot Login/Join 
posted
I have some nice guns and this one is as nice as any of my Staccatos, Baers or Wilson’s. As a matter of fact, it outshoots every single one of them. The gun has a great trigger, shoots extremely flat, and feels awesome in the hand. That hefty weight mitigates recoil to almost .22 levels. I love this little beast.

Any other owners here feel the same? I had the Q5 Match and sold it after the first range trip. That was the snappiest gun that I had ever shot. I absolutely hated it.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not generally a striker-fire guy too much but this one is on my list.
I do have a PDP but I also like the increased weight.
I almost bought one last month when I saw it on sale a t dealer near me but I procrastinated too long and missed it, oh well next time. Frown

Posts: 22924 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a Q5SF and love it. The Lok grips and Dynamic Performance Trigger really make the gun.

If you want to tame it even further look at Practical Performance's guide rod assembly that allows you to use Glock 17 ISMI recoil springs.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol. How do you guys like the thin Lok grips? I've been tempted to try them on mine, thinking I might prefer them to the stock arched back grips.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Blue grips and mag base. That's one sharp looking pistol!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I just added a LOK weighted back strap to my PDP but haven't shot it yet, hope it balances out better.

Still a Q4SF is on my list.

Here Colin Nior raves about it:

... but he did make at least 2 videos on the Q5-SF Black Tie but that one is kind of expensive.

Posts: 22924 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post