SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grail Acquisition Achieved! P225 Inside!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grail Acquisition Achieved! P225 Inside! Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
The Forum Masthead has had me coveting a 225 since day one.

As per the gunstore selling off the personal collection, I bought the least expensive 225 they had. It's a 2001, but it has box, wrappers, extra mag and all papers.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34133 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! A real carry piece for grown ups.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Marzy. A 225 is on my eventually list too, and a 357Sig 239.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I will always regret selling my P225 back in the 1990's. Treasure yours.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
These seem they will be like the old HK P7s.

I believe they will start becoming valuable collectibles.

I wish it had a late 80's or 90's serial number, but I took what I could get.

What year were these discontinued?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34133 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Congrats on your P225!

I hope to have one some day...

Posts: 9167 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
According to Sig they were made up until 2019.

Is there a P6 on the side too?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
What year were these discontinued?

2010 was the last year the P225 rolled off the assembly line.

Q

Posts: 26455 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun for $560. I would have had to buy it as well. I kick myself for not getting a P239 at my local ffl dealer a few weeks ago. It sat on the shelf for a couple months at only $379 for the 9mm. I tormented myself saying I didn't need it but when the less dominant side of my brain finally took over and I went to go get it, it was gone.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars Attacks my gut also told me that the P-225 would be a "modern" classic like the HK P-7. Nice score, when they rarely show up for sale they don't gather dust, for most owners the P-225 is a keeper, difficult to improve on perfection., Sig got it right the first time, A1 a disappointment.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Very nice, Marzy. A 225 is on my eventually list too, and a 357Sig 239.

Excellent choices

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 2009 P225 last year and a HK P7M8 this year…

Two of my absolute favorites

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I'd be looking for a 225 too. I already have 2 mags. One is nickel or stainless (???)
Also a wrap in front rubber grip.
Just need the gun Smile

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I bought the least expensive 225 they had.

And she's a Beauty! I bet it feels absolutely PERFECT in the hand too...Nice Score! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8941 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Nice looking P225.

I'd agree with the P225-A1 sentiment. Never felt the same to me.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol and excellent addition to a collection. If you have the chance give us a range report.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nice, I love the P225. It’s one of my favorite guns to take to the range.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I wasn't real fond of the trigger on the used euro imported police pistol I dry fired, but for the right price...
Looking forward to the test firing video.

Posts: 7370 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I’ve become a renewed P225 fan of late, thanks to a German and a West German each courtesy of a couple of fellow members, along with a nice stack of factory magazines.

More to come, but I couldn’t resist setting up a little Galco double-shoulder-rig action for them…

I also have a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard and magazine pouch enroute. Until then, I’ve found that a Milt Sparks IPD double-magazine IWB pouch for 1911 magazines is a fair stand-in.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Just sold one of mine on this forum for $1100, it was W. German in the green cardboard box. It was the 4th one I have sold. Have one left, NIB, will be keeping it for the time being.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post