SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The more I shoot and the more pistols I buy or handle...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The more I shoot and the more pistols I buy or handle... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I always come back to my Glocks. There are others that I enjoy shooting, but really out of the box what holds up against one? Half the price of many pistols, just stupid reliable, easy to maintain and you can shoot the hell out of them.

Variety is good, and I have many pistols, but really if they all had to go id be OK as long as I got to keep my Tupperware.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
... Which is why I kept buying them every couple years... then selling them. For ME -the ergonomics aren't just bad, they are also painful, pointabity sucks, the grip texture requires help and the square slide prints like a box of breakfast cereal. Yet, I can shoot the crap out of them. Pisses me off every time I shoot one.

Luckily for me there are viable options out there that are just as shootable but with a much better fit all around.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that everyone eventually figures out what suits them best, and it generally seems to happen just the way it did for you. Whatever else anyone would like to think, the ones you keep finding yourself shooting are the ones for you.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Glocks but I immediately have to change out the plastic sights. I then change out slide release, trigger, and mag release by choice. On the other hand my 320’s get a stipple job and that’s it.

Now the perfect gun to me would be a 320 that used glock mags. Sweet.

I would actually build every gun using glock mag as starting point.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5 cemented this for me

I've owned and shot just about everything

I had come full circle and ended up back on glocks for my use guns when the grips/beaver tails came about with ththe gen 4s....even then, though, I was changing out connectors, and springs, and triggers etc.l.

The gen 5 guns I don't have to do any of that stuff with. I just swap out the sights for my night sight of choice, and away we go

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
... Which is why I kept buying them every couple years... then selling them. For ME -the ergonomics aren't just bad, they are also painful, pointabity sucks, the grip texture requires help and the square slide prints like a box of breakfast cereal. Yet, I can shoot the crap out of them. Pisses me off every time I shoot one.
LOL I feel EXACTLY the same way. Hate the ergos, triggers suck balls, soulless lumps of polymer and metal, but I shoot them well so I keep them around.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The more I shoot and handle pistols the more I realize I shoot and prefer DA/SA best. I like Glocks, I’m just better with a DA/SA. Spent too much time and money fighting that fact already. And I’m beat.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Glocks and 1911's.

Everything else is just a distraction.

In some cases, such as the P210, those distractions are glorious - but for real work, the things we do with pistols that classify them as "tools" - Glocks and 1911's, always.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
The things just work and are just so easy to mod the way you want them, if you mod them at all.

A big plus is if you are involved in the horrid circumstance to have to use one for defense,
1 - it will work
2 - when the cops take it for evidence, they can't harm it
3 - you probably have a replacement sitting in your safe Wink

I would HATE for one of my 1911s* to be bouncing around some evidence locker.

*or my W german SIGs

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Glock was the one pistol I didn't want to like. I shot just about everything trying to decide on a home defense/EDC combo and ended up going with Glock because it was just easier to shoot at speed. Don't fight, embrace the dark side..... Cool

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
really out of the box what holds up against one

Of course more data is needed, but I'm starting to think the M&P 2.0 line is just that.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post