SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tell me about the Sig p250 compact in 9mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the Sig p250 compact in 9mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Count me in as one of the fans. I bought the 250 when they were first introduced (2010) and loved it immediately. At that time, Sig was heavy into all metal guns and I remember many members of this forum grumbling about Sig going to plastic frames on the 250; they just weren’t ready to accept them.

My 250 has been one of my long run favorites and continues to work flawlessly for 10 years.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I am not familar with frame compatability, will the P250 FCU work with the new Wilson Combat grip module? The Wilson Combat module is for the P320.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistols! Double action is very light and smooth and most importantly there is very little over travel once the trigger breaks. When the operator learns how to stage his trigger, it’s easy to shoot with good results. Regrettably shooters were all hung up on striker weapons and Sig had to discontinue manufacturing this pistol.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
the interesting thing is Sig used pretty much of the p250 to create the P320... same idea of the trigger and other components being the gun.... that is why magazines work for either of the two.

I was the original poster of this thread.... for some reason a friend wanted a more user friendly handgun... he had a Beretta 92... I ended up trading him my P250 compact with a laser on the rail for it... have yet to shoot the Beretta.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" . . . wanted a more user friendly handgun . . . "

See my earlier post on page 2 of this thread . . .
"A P250c in 9mm was my first semi-auto and first SIG.
Immediately loved the smooth trigger and simplicity of operation."

I can agree with the appeal of the P250 to someone who wants an easy-to-use semi-auto.
I was familiar with revolvers and the P250 is an easy transition to semi-autos for a revolver user.
I've heard it said in other places (maybe here on SIG FORUM) that the P250 is like 15-shot revolver . . . simple, safe, and reliable.
Since then I've moved on to traditional DA/SA SIG's . . . after getting comfortable with semi-autos thanks to the P250.

OMHO, I think the P250 is a great gun for a new shooter or someone who wants "simple".
Hate that SIG discontinued the P250 but I can understand the business reasons to do so.
Will probably never sell mine.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Had one, shot one mag from it ... hated it.

Fortunately, the guy was desperate for cash. I sold it walking around at a gun show, didn't loose anything but didn't make anything on it either.

I should have done more research before I bought it.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I went through the police academy using a revolver in double action and am very comfortable shooting DA in semi-autos too. My P250 is like a very good (factory) double action revolver and its easy for me to transition to it. Its a very good option.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post