SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    picked up a P210A
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

picked up a P210A Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted
So far I'm pretty impressed with this new P210.
It's a Target model, but I intend to use it in single stack division in Steel Matches as a fun gun.

The first range session showed it was an accurate shooter, but the 2# trigger pull was too light for my taste. And, even though it's a 2 stage trigger the first stage takeup blended into the second stage wall/break and even though it's crisp I really didn't care for it.

So last night it came apart. The trigger/sear housing comes out as a complete module which is a nice design feature.

After adjusting the sear cam screws and the cylindrical mainspring retainer I got exactly the pull I was after.

Reassembled, the pistol has a light takeup in the first stage (2.2# force) into a nice defined wall, and then an additional 1.3# force to break.
I'm coming up with consistent 3.4 to 3.7# breaks for the complete trigger action which is what I was after.

A set of Hogue grips for the Standard model finished it off. By the way, a kydex holster for my STi 2011 fits perfectly once I loosen the tension screws a few turns.

Anybody else a fan of this American made 210 version?

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I picked one up as well - Used with 5 mags - Had two to choose from - Saw New pricing and this one was a steal. Beautiful Pistol. I've only shot it maybe 200 rnds and sometimes I just hold it and admire it's perfection.

I may have to check out your grip selection as they looks very nice.

I did not need this - It screamed at me to take it home.

Posts: 492 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
I picked one up as well - Used with 5 mags - Had two to choose from - Saw New pricing and this one was a steal. Beautiful Pistol. I've only shot it maybe 200 rnds and sometimes I just hold it and admire it's perfection.

I may have to check out your grip selection as they looks very nice.

I did not need this - It screamed at me to take it home.

Yeah this was unexpected and fell into my lay at an incredible price.
Check out Hogues website, these are Goncalo Alves.

posted Hide Post
Got one this year after chasing them for a while. Put Armory Craft G10 grips on it and recommend them.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple Swiss 210's. Love 'em I also got a 210A recently. It's also very,very good.

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Great pickup! One of my favorite Sigs, definitely impressive slide to frame fit and trigger.

Always a fun gun to shoot at the range.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better than P49.

American mag release and thumb safety make it what the M49 should have been.

18Z50

Posts: 362 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Recently bought a standard model just to see if all the hype was correct.

Simply put...it is, add in the thumb safety and American mag release and I would argue it's the best single stack 9mm out there.

Looking for nice leather for it and maybe a good FO front sight

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Recently bought a standard model just to see if all the hype was correct.

Simply put...it is, add in the thumb safety and American mag release and I would argue it's the best single stack 9mm out there.

Looking for nice leather for it and maybe a good FO front sight

Dawson Precision....
https://dawsonprecision.com/si...-optic-front-sights/

posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan, and of the Hogue grips for it too. I chose the Walnut, but all Hogue's exotic woods are quite nice. I have not competed in many years, and don't know how well the US 210 might work in competition. But I sure enjoy mine as an accurate, reliable plinker at the range.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a very nice pistol!

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
So far I'm pretty impressed with this new P210.
It's a Target model, but I intend to use it in single stack division in Steel Matches as a fun gun.

The first range session showed it was an accurate shooter, but the 2# trigger pull was too light for my taste. And, even though it's a 2 stage trigger the first stage takeup blended into the second stage wall/break and even though it's crisp I really didn't care for it.

So last night it came apart. The trigger/sear housing comes out as a complete module which is a nice design feature.

After adjusting the sear cam screws and the cylindrical mainspring retainer I got exactly the pull I was after.

Reassembled, the pistol has a light takeup in the first stage (2.2# force) into a nice defined wall, and then an additional 1.3# force to break.
I'm coming up with consistent 3.4 to 3.7# breaks for the complete trigger action which is what I was after.

A set of Hogue grips for the Standard model finished it off. By the way, a kydex holster for my STi 2011 fits perfectly once I loosen the tension screws a few turns.

Anybody else a fan of this American made 210 version?

I am picking up my 210 tomorrow from my FFL. How is the thickness of the Hogue compared to the original standard grips?

Posts: 14 | Registered: June 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
The Hogue are slimmer than factory, but I’ve since put on Armory Craft g10 checkered grips and prefer them.

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup. They are wonderful guns. The grips look great.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the excellent report GCE61. You provided the best description of the P210A trigger pull that I’ve seen in this forum.

BTW – I love the Hogue black-gray checkered G10 grips that I put in my P226 X5 Competition.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8837 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats !!!!!

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post