SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Add On Grips: Talon or Grip Sleeve For Kahr?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Add On Grips: Talon or Grip Sleeve For Kahr? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I want to add something for a better grip on my little Kahr CW380 and the choices are:

Talon stick on grip decals
Pachmayr grip sleeve
Hogue grip sleeve

I'm leaning toward the Talon as they won't bulk it up in the grip but wanted to see what others were using?

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had the Talons on my Sigs for at least a year now. They have held up well with no peeling off issues which I thought they would when I bought them. IMHO they are an excellent alternative to the Hogue G10's which I also own. They add no width to the gun and give it just the right amount of "tackiness".

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Talons on a couple of my pistols. Before Hogue made overmolded panels, I had a sleeve on my P229. Liked the grip and girth (big hands) but the sleeve would slip down a bit. It never interfered with function/mag changes, but it was enough for me to happily replace the sleeve with the overmolded. Now, they have a sleeve for the P320. I warily tried it. I don't have worried about this one , cuz it took me a good half hour to work the thing on. I think I'd have to cut it to get it off. Part of it might be that I put it on a Large grip module too.

My point is, I like the sleeves for the extra bulk. If you don't want a bigger size, you will be very happy with Talons.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I used Talons on my Kahrs and they worked pretty well.

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went low tech. Cut a section of bicycle inner tube and rolled it on. Started as a "proof of concept" exercise to see if a store bought version would be worth it. worked so well I just left it on!
OZ

Posts: 159 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have talon rubber grips on my P365 and the wifes apexed out (lol) s&w shield 9 and really like them better than a sleeve.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Glock 19er
posted Hide Post
Talon Grip on all my Kahrs and Glocks.

>>>---Scalp'em 'Noles--->

Posts: 570 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Registered: March 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have the Talon soft textured grip on my XD-S/9, and the sandpaper Talon grip on my XD-9 Mod 2 Tactical. I’ve been very pleased with the result on both guns. Since then I’ve put strips of the Talon soft textured material on the front strap of my P220/.45 and the front and back straps of my CZ-75 B Omega Convertible. Again, extremely happy.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a Kahr, but I've used the granulated Talon Grips on a Glock 23 and my current EDC, a Beretta PX4 Compact. They were a significant improvement. I did have to sand the grips down a bit as they were too aggressive for concealed carry. I tried the rubberized Talon Grips on my PX4, but I felt it made very little improvement.

I haven't tried the slip-on grips, so I can't comment on those.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
For everyone who uses Talon grips, what type do you prefer? I see there are two; rubber or granulate?

I assume rubber is more sticky/tacky and granulate is more like skateboard tape/sandy?

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I've had a Hogue on my CW9 since forever. It stays put and I really like it. Interesting there are so many Talon users, maybe I'll give one a try.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I prefer the rubber type tallons by a large margin. As for the Kahr; I carried a PM9 for a long time and I used the Brooks A-grip. It is a velvet like material that sticks on like the Tallons, but it is not sticky, but once you grab it, the material gives you a very good purchase. For a gun like the Kahr .380 that will most likely ride in a pocket, this material works very well.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talon grips on most of my Glocks, all of the G43's.
No slip or peel after a few years of regular use.
I have both textures. Rubber is sinfully perfect, great feel, more than enough grip. Granulated is like sandpaper. Ok for a house gun or the range, unpleasant to carry. Moreover, the grip with rubber is essentially as good.
Can't go wrong.

P.S. I use to pay to texture / stipple Glocks (by some good people including the truly wonderful folks at Cold Bore). I find Talon better, and a lot cheaper.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I have the Hogue on my Shield and it feels great to me.
Doesn't make it feel thicker, just fits my hand better.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Kahr is thus far naked but I have Talon rubber on Glock and Ruger pocket pistols.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
For everyone who uses Talon grips, what type do you prefer? I see there are two; rubber or granulate?

I assume rubber is more sticky/tacky and granulate is more like skateboard tape/sandy?

As I mentioned earlier, I prefer the granulated. Lots of people like the rubberized version, but when I tried it seemed to hardly make any difference over the stock PX4 grip, which is quite slick.

To make them better for carry, I went over the granulated Talon Grips (before putting them on the gun!) with some 80 grit sandpaper, followed by some 120 grit sandpaper, until I got the texture where I wanted it. Still gave me good traction, but didn't hang up on clothing.

FWIW, I went back and forth between granulated and rubberized on my PX4. I think in all I ended up going through about 2-3 of each before settling on the granulated. Fortunately, Talon Grips aren't all that expensive, so you could buy one of each and see which you prefer.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Go with A-grips, easy on hands & clothes, yet still gives a good grip even when wet, maybe even better when wet.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I use my Kahr as is.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post