SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which grip sleeve for the 365 XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which grip sleeve for the 365 XL? Login/Join 
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted
I have this gun on layaway and love the sights, love the grip being longer than the 365 model. I'd just like it to fill my hand more. Which grip sleeve works best and which size fits it?

Laura

Luctor et Emergo

Posts: 194 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I would suggest the Talon grip tape. I was never a fan of the sleeves. I've seen them slip if lubricant gets underneath.

Talon tape is easy to install is mild heat is used when applying.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried a Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove?

Luctor et Emergo

Posts: 194 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Talon grip tape if you just want better traction.

Hogue Handall slip-on grip if you want greater girth too.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone tried a Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove?

I've tried them on several different guns, though not with any of the P365s. Basic problem is that they don't stay put. Just from wearing the gun in its holster, the Pachmayr sleeve will spin with the friction created from body contact with the gun grip. Some of the cheap Chinese sleeves do a little better staying put, but with wear and time those too will starting moving around as well.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Mine has been on for a couple of years and hasn't moved a bit.
I'm fairly certain that to get it back off it will end up being sliced off.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Talon grip tape if you just want better traction.

Hogue Handall slip-on grip if you want greater girth too.

Do you prefer the beavertail grip or the standard Handall slip on?

Luctor et Emergo

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Beavertail version is the only one made specifically for the P365 and P365XL.

The Universal version is just a generic "one size fits most", which I've never tried on the P365. In fact, the P365 isn't even listed as a compatible model on those.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
I’d avoid a slip-on anything for a CCW for the same reason I wouldn’t use a trigger shoe.

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Beavertail version is the only one made specifically for the P365 and P365XL.

The Universal version is just a generic "one size fits most", which I've never tried on the P365. In fact, the P365 isn't even listed as a compatible model on those.

I have the beavertail model on most all my pistols, from Ruger LCP IT'S to Walther PPS M1's and Ruger LC9s.

Never, ever had them move around on my pistol, and they make the grip fit my hand perfectly. Of course, there are people who don't like them, that's fine, but they work for me.

Having small hands, how ever, I don't put any kind of grip sleeve on larger, full size pistols.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:

I have the beavertail model on most all my pistols, from Ruger LCP IT'S to Walther PPS M1's and Ruger LC9s.

Never, ever had them move around on my pistol, and they make the grip fit my hand perfectly. Of course, there are people who don't like them, that's fine, but they work for me.

Having small hands, how ever, I don't put any kind of grip sleeve on larger, full size pistols.

And yet I like the way the Springfield Armory XDS fit my hand while the Sig seems lacking in that area. Yet I chose the gun over the Shield and the SA because of the trigger, the sight and the longer barrel. I do have small hands and I like the grip to fill my hand better. I don't mind a thicker sleeve because the gun being so thin, I don't feel it would negatively hinder how I use it.

Luctor et Emergo

posted Hide Post
Soon after I got it, I put a Hogue "Handall" Grip Sleeve on my 365X. It added a finger groove and more palm swell that I was looking for. Was a royal PITA to get on but liked it as it never shifted around at all. Subsequently bought an Icarus Precision A.C.E. Hybrid grip module which is FABULOUS but a bit pricey. These are pretty individual things though... got another Icarus grip module for my wife's 365 for her birthday and she didn't care for the texture which I love. I think it was just too aggressive for her. I may have to sell it or return it unless, of course, I get another P365.

NRA Certified Instructor
Sig P320 AXGPro / P365X
Various HK / S&W / Browning

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 10, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post